RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Touch Cover - What's Your Color?

Mpluso

So, what color Touch Cover do you have?

I was wanting a Black Touch Cover but their not in stock.. and as a guy, I can't figure out which color is more manly? - I'm thinking the Red/orange maybe.. I don't know about the white or blue... in this sense... are they manly?

What's your color?

I went with blue. I've always wanted one of the cyan Lumia phones.  Most of the photos on the blog here are of my cyan keyboard.  I like the Red but I don't think I could do white.  I like the pink too.  I thought about getting one since I made the podcast logo pink.  I've since created a new cyan logo.  ;)

Keep it going.  What's your color?

I stuck with the traditional Black that came with the bundle.  Truthfully, between my new Wedge keyboard and the touch screen I do not use the cover much anymore but it is nice to have.

You got the Wedge eh?  Wedge Mouse too?  I have the Wedge Mobile keyboard and I find it a tad cramped.  I need to use it more or at least try it on the Surface.

I have the black one but since I got the 64GB Surface I had to get at least the black and changing the color wasn't worth the $120 to me

You got the Wedge eh?  Wedge Mouse too?  I have the Wedge Mobile keyboard and I find it a tad cramped.  I need to use it more or at least try it on the Surface.

Yep, did a quick review on my blog.  Also did a couple of other apps you might be interested in.  MyMeta and Touch File.  Got about 5 more apps in queue to write about that I was impressed with.  Slim pickins but there is a couple.

Black, but MS made that choice for me. Not happy about it since I would like a catchy red or cyan, but not worth it to me to pay another 100 plus.

So, shortly after writing this post a few days ago, I went and bought a White Touch Cover. I must say I really like it and I think I prefer it over the Black, which is what I originally wanted.

I'm not so sure of the durability of having it white in colour... my hands are cleans but I am ready starting to see a dirty film over the white keyboard letters.

But, all in all, I really like it and would recommend white to anyone in the future.

The white cover looks super cool - but, like you, I would be worried about getting it dirty. I have an off-white cover on my iPad and if the thing comes anywhere near newsprint, it's immediately got black smudges all over it. It's a small hassle to keep it clean, IMO, but like a black car, it looks so awesome.

So, shortly after writing this post a few days ago, I went and bought a White Touch Cover. I must say I really like it and I think I prefer it over the Black, which is what I originally wanted.

I'm not so sure of the durability of having it white in colour... my hands are cleans but I am ready starting to see a dirty film over the white keyboard letters.

But, all in all, I really like it and would recommend white to anyone in the future.

2 things I would recommend for keeping it clean:

1. Mr. Clean Magic Eraser for regular cleaning;
  2. Dish washer detergent for real dirt. Mix up a concentrated forumla and allow it to sit on keyboard for a while.

I haven't tested this on a Surface keyboard, but I have used it for many other applications. You should check it out on a small area first.