RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
HiramSS

Back Button When Surfing ...

HiramSS

While surfing the web, I constantly have a problem going back with the < arrows. It is the same whether I use the arrow on the page or the one on the bottom, next to the address bar.

I click either, and it just returns to the current page. It is rare that it goes back before sometimes many attempts. :angry:

Anyone else have this problem ... suggestions?

schoondoggy

you can swipe the screen from left to right to go back a page.

• Like 1

HiramSS

I'll try that one, but do you have any problems with the arrow?

geekaccountant

I have a problem where it actually will not go back and will reload the same page. Happens all the time and is making it so painful to surf using the thing that I have been using it less and less.

HiramSS

geekaccountant: That is exactly my problem. Really makes surfing unbearable!

ANYBODY HAVE ANY SOLUTIONS???

schoondoggy

I normally swipe the page to go back, but I just did some browsing and used the arrow next to the address to go back and it seems to work fine. I will play around with it.

• Like 1

HiramSS

Thanks schoondog. Let me know how it goes. I've tried over-and-over with both the arrow next to address bar and the one on the page itself, and vary rarely do I not have problems.

I'll play around with the swipe.

geekaccountant

It happens to me no matter which method I use. It doesn't happen on every page, but on enough that the ONE function I actually find useful on the Surface (browsing) is very painful to use.

HiramSS

Whoa! I'll check it out.

If this is true, alongside the topic of another of my posts (not having an option to select a range of pages to print when working with apps), the Surface definitely has bungled two features that I consider real important for me.

pquirk

If the prior page launched the current page in a new tab, you can't go backwards. Instead, swipe from the top to see the open tabs. You may see the prior page in another tab. In this case, close the current page by hitting the X in the top right corner of its tab and you will revert to the prior page.

• Like 1