RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
eddymowbray

Apps For Skygo And Sonos

eddymowbray

HI ALL,

Now iv had the Surface RT for a few months and I have to say its getting better and better. My girlfriend got me it for an early xmas presents as she has the ipad already and we thought having something diff wou'd be a good idea.

This tablet is fantastic and the apps are getting there. But the are a few down sides to it compared to the ipad and the google.

So Microsoft brought this out to be competition with the ipad and the google tablets? So where r the apps needed to make it everything it can be??

Skygo??

Sonos??

Silverlight doesn't work??

Games could be better quality

So once these few thing are sorted this tablet would destroy the rest without a doubt but are these things in the pipeline???

I understand there is an app called the phonos which works for the sonos systems but that is only Available for the WP7.

Come on Microsoft plz sort this can anyone help me on this????

Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express

schoondoggy

I am a Sonos user as well. This is a Sonos issue, they need to write the app. Please be sure to post on the Sonos site, so they are aware there is demand for Win RT support.

eddymowbray

Hi there already have think the surface would be outstanding for the sonos. Do you have any tips for me on the surface??

schoondoggy

I have been using the Phonos app for my Windows phone. On the Phonos facebook page they mention that they are working on a RT app.

schoondoggy

Hi there already have think the surface would be outstanding for the sonos. Do you have any tips for me on the surface??

No Sonos app yet, but I have found using the Play on function built into Windows 7 and 8 and RT works really well with my Sonos system. You need to set up your systems to share/stream data to media devices. From my RT I can stream media to any of my Sonos devices. Also from the RT I can select my workstation from the HomeGroup, open a shared folder and stream music from there as well. I had not used the Play on function before, it seems to work well with media devices. 

schoondoggy

the Phonos app is available. limited functionality