RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
pquirk

Compatible Printers?

pcdoc

Likewise my 6220 works great with the Surface and is AirPrint capable as well in case you have a mixed environment as I do.

SurfaceNerd
My Canon MG6120 works excellent. The Surface automatically installed the drivers when I connected to my wireless network, and installed a sweet little status app on the start screen. It sort of surprised me, as I was just messing around with the Surface when I noticed a new tile: Canon Inkjet Print Utility.

Yes it surprised to also. I am really liking the companion app. Now I can just open and app and check my ink levels on a whim.

Chubnut

My Brother HL2070N works beautifully over my network

Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

Mochahead

I have an HP Envy 110, which works great. I can print or scan. I have a venerable old HP LaserJet 2200 DN and I can't get it to work with the Surface either in PCL or Postscript--it supports both. It works with my Windows 8 Pro laptops. It is 10 years old, so I didn't expect much.

schoondoggy

HP updated their Windows 8 Printer Control app to support more printers. They also updated the Windows 8 app Scan and Capture. Now I am able to scan directly from my CM1415 to my Windows 8 PC and my Surface RT. Printers supported with Scan and Capture;

The official list of supported devices is:

HP Color LaserJet CM1410
HP Color MFP 100
HP Deskjet 3050 J610 series
HP Deskjet 3050A J611 series
HP Deskjet 3070 B611 series
HP Deskjet 3520 series
HP Deskjet 4620 series
HP Deskjet 5520 series
HP ENVY 100 D410 series
HP ENVY 110 series
HP LaserJet 200 color MFP M275
HP LaserJet 200 color MFP M276
HP LaserJet 400 MFP M425
HP LaserJet M1530
HP LJ300-400 color MFP M375-M475
HP Officejet 4620 series
HP Officejet 6500 E710a-f
HP Officejet 6500 E710n-z
HP Officejet 6600
HP Officejet 6700
HP Officejet 7500 E910
HP Officejet Pro 8500 A910
HP Officejet Pro 8600
HP Photosmart 5510 series
HP Photosmart 5510d series
HP Photosmart 5520 series
HP Photosmart 6510 series
HP Photosmart 7510 series
HP Photosmart Plus B210 series

ikon

Thanks for the update.

pfinter

My home HP Officejet 6600 works just fine.

I've also been able configure and print to:

Xerox Phaser 6180n

Xerox Workcentre 7525

berty6294

My Canon MG6120 works excellent. The Surface automatically installed the drivers when I connected to my wireless network, and installed a sweet little status app on the start screen. It sort of surprised me, as I was just messing around with the Surface when I noticed a new tile: Canon Inkjet Print Utility.

Yes it surprised to also. I am really liking the companion app. Now I can just open and app and check my ink levels on a whim.

I also has a great experience with Canon printers. They were all automatically found and the app is surprisingly useful! My old HP is another story (not a WiFi printer) haven't played around with it, but I'll check it out and post my experience setting that up. (hopefully scanner too)

Heisenberg

Hello All - if you have a printer that is old or not compatible with the the Surface RT, there is now a solution.

KumoPrint (see link below) - is a new app for Google Cloud Printing with the Surface RT.  It works very well and has finally solved the printing crisis for people like me who have a good printer non-compatible RT Printer, no desire to replace it, and love my Surface RT.

Check KumoPrint out!

http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/en-us/app/ba5ea024-97a4-4df4-b018-3ac181174b14

By the way I'm not the developer am only promoting it as a fellow Surface RT user who wants to share the information.

Hello All - if you have a printer that is old or not compatible with the the Surface RT, there is now a solution.

KumoPrint (see link below) - is a new app for Google Cloud Printing with the Surface RT.  It works very well and has finally solved the printing crisis for people like me who have a good printer non-compatible RT Printer, no desire to replace it, and love my Surface RT.

Check KumoPrint out!

http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/en-us/app/ba5ea024-97a4-4df4-b018-3ac181174b14

By the way I'm not the developer am only promoting it as a fellow Surface RT user who wants to share the information.

schoondoggy

Check KumoPrint out!

Check KumoPrint out!

Just curious, what printer do you have?