RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
pquirk

Compatible Printers?

pquirk

Is there a list of printers that are compatible with the Surface RT via network connection? My Surface RT discovers my Dell V505 All-in-one, then reports that the device driver is incompatible.

schoondoggy

I have HP CP1525 and CM1415 printers on my network and the Surface RT prints to both.

schoondoggy

Here is a link on Dell printers. You may need a driver update. The note at the top of their page implies they are still working on drivers;

http://support.dell....nt?docid=572562

Edited by schoondog

pquirk

Thanks everyone. The Dell V505 is a problem, but my Brother HL5250DN is now working with the PS class driver.

schoondoggy

It looks like Dell is working on drivers. You may want to email them to see if they are planning on getting the V505w to work.

HiramSS

I have an HP 6700 AIO at home, and it works perfectly once I downloaded drivers from HP. The same is said for an inexpensive 3520 that I purchased yesterday for my office.

russbean

My Canon MG6120 works excellent. The Surface automatically installed the drivers when I connected to my wireless network, and installed a sweet little status app on the start screen. It sort of surprised me, as I was just messing around with the Surface when I noticed a new tile: Canon Inkjet Print Utility.