RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Surface Rt Prices Projected To Drop 38% Within 2 Months!

Joe_Miner

At an article in Real Clear Technology the author compare the RT to the Playbook (from a marketing perspective). It's an interesting read in it's own right but I can see how it would have a chilling effect on current sales if the market begins to believe a big price cut (or cuts) is around the corner.

The bottom line in the article:

With two tablets on the market, Microsoft would be wise to discount its entry-level Surface RT tablet, so at the very least we recommend holding off till the Pro's debut before making any purchasing decisions. If you still can't wait till March for the first deals, then shoppers should wait until the Surface RT has better distribution. In other words, wait until you can walk into a Best Buy and see it in person, as third party retailers are more likely to discount the tablet (or bundle it with a gift card) than Microsoft.

I don't think the price will drop because the pro is coming out or because the sales aren't as good as ipad. I guess the article writer doesn't understand the whole thing. Going with the writer's logic, when the new mac book pro comes out, we will expect to see price drop for the ipad. The ipad is the entry-level device.

no chance as they are not playing to the lower markets. this hardware is not crap to be priced that low,microsoft is not about to start taking losses on a product because a few morons on the internet think it is a good idea. They will continue to update the product via software updates and create a better product for that price point.

I still believe Microsoft is looking to other OEM's to bring out less expensive RT tablets.

Surface RT 32GB base $499

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 16GB $399

Apple iPad 16GB $499

Would a Windows RT 32GB tablet at $399 help build momentum?