RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Dead 8X

jd71488993265

So after talking up wp8 and the HTC on Verizon, the phone dies after less than a month.

My father-in-law who loves new devices, got a HTC 8x on Verizon like myself. He started talking about the battery life going down way to fast after even an hour. After a couple days he calls me up and says he has the Galaxy Note 2. He told me that the 8x would not keep a charge. He would charge it all night and then it would die when he took it off the charger. Verizon did a lookup and its a known issue and MS and HTC know about the issue. Sad...

On my HTC 8x using Board Express

I feel bad for him but I would expect more from HTC. Battery issues? ls this 2009 or something? Did I buy a Hero? My power adapter that came with my 8x will no longer charge my phone or sync. I charge it will a kindle fire power cord :/

I love windows phone 8! I think it needs VPN and some more apps for my job but it really works well. My data usage is down from 2.2gb to 600mb. I get things done much faster with SkyDrive and office. I am back to using facebook daily vs weekly. Contact groups are awesome, kids corner seems to work well.

So did I just by the worst wp8 phone ever? Is this the price you pay for buying a signature device?

My father in laws and I both have the same phone and got them on the same day. His died last week and my power cable stopped working last week as well. My phone works and keeps a charge i just had to get another cable.

Its not one data point Verizon Wireless North Carolina has had a few with the same symptoms.

If they want to make it so you can't change the battery, they better make it a good battery.

I overlooked "known issue" my first read. Doesn't sound like it is a major problem. Not if it affects you or someone you know it is a big issue.

I overlooked "known issue" my first read. Doesn't sound like it is a major problem. Not if it affects you or someone you know it is a big issue.