RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Update Tuesday Brings Big Performance Boost

IndyLux

I'm seeing very significant performance improvements in my Surface RT. Apps load faster, run better, and several glitchy behaviors have resolved themselves. How about you guys?

I was looking for the performance boost but I have to say I don't really see it. I've always been generally satisfied with the Surface RT performance so it's not like I feel like I'm looking for any real performance fix, however, I was hoping this update would bring more smoothness to various transitions between apps and things...

Rensul

I was looking for the performance boost but I have to say I don't really see it. I've always been generally satisfied with the Surface RT performance so it's not like I feel like I'm looking for any real performance fix, however, I was hoping this update would bring more smoothness to various transitions between apps and things...

Rensul

My words exactly! Really looking for some help in the people hub!

Just curious, have you rebooted since the update? It took a reboot for the changes to take affect.

Yessir! What kind of tasks are you finding a major difference in? I just may not be doing the right thing lol

One of my big irritations was choppy scrolling in apps, ebay and Free books are two that come to mind. After the update they are very smooth, no chop. Apps seem to load faster, but I had no measurements to compare.

Rensul

Same here. No noticeable difference beyond a slight perceived boost any time I reboot. Never really had any performance complaints in the past beyond those rensul mentioned. Don't use books or many metro apps beyond the standard fair.