RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Cheap Headset For Lumia 920

scottbakertemp1488993265

scottbakertemp1488993265

I am going to get shot for this, but the new Apple ear buds are really good for the price unlike the old ones.

We have the old apple headsets and the microphone does not work on the 920. Are they new apple earbuds different?

schoondoggy

I have a Lumia 900. I have had good luck picking Android versions of headsets. The buttons don't always work, but the mics do.

These Altec Lansings are good and tangle free;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Y46-New-Altec-Lansing-UHS206-BackBeat-Plus-Headphones-w-Mic-Headset-for-iPhone-/230801118805?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item35bcd19655

I just got a set from vmoda they seem to work.

I also have Klipsch S2, they go for $30 on ebay.

If you can splurge, Nokia WH-920 go for $59.99 on ebay, these are my favorites.

Altec Lansing Muzik did not work.

Logitech did not work either.

scottbakertemp1488993265

I have a Lumia 900. I have had good luck picking Android versions of headsets. The buttons don't always work, but the mics do.

These Altec Lansings are good and tangle free;

http://www.ebay.com/...=item35bcd19655

I just got a set from vmoda they seem to work.

I also have Klipsch S2, they go for $30 on ebay.

If you can splurge, Nokia WH-920 go for $59.99 on ebay, these are my favorites.

Altec Lansing Muzik did not work.

Logitech did not work either.

thanks schoondog! - I'll give those a try.

scottbakertemp1488993265

Anyone have any NON noise-isolating recommendations? I mainly just want to use the headset for calls. I'm not trying to drown out all sound around me.

Edited by scottbakertemp

+1 schoodog's comment. I have not tried one BB headset that hasn't worked flawlessly with my Lumia.

I have the Lumia 900 and one of my biggest complaints has been the weird, unexplicable inability of this phone to operate something as simple as a wired headset without major problems. I had the Bose iMIEie2i2EIM (sorry for the snark) for my iPhone and they worked great. They came with a bunch of earbud adapters (and like you, scottbaker, I don't like earphones that you have jam deep into your ear canals) that fit well and worked GREAT! When I picked up my Lumia 900, I decided to spend a TON of jing on the non-iPhone Bose MIE2i2M2eieio headset. Sadly, the mic (and in-line button) only works every once in while. I have to plug/unplug/plug multiple times before everything works like it should (go ahead and explain that one to me). And yes, I have actually tried multiple Bose headsets on a couple of different Lumias and have experienced the same behavior. Even Nokia's support team has confimed to me that they know this is an issue with the phone. This is the kind of behavior I would expect to see out of something like the iPhone that require proprietary connectors that they change on you every couple of years in a sad attempt to bilk you of more of your hard-earned cash.