RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Some Info On The Kindle App

ddoyle777

My Kindle was refusing to download books - kept saying that I was out of memory I knew I had gigs available, so I kept uninstalling and reinstalling hoping that it would fix the problem. Finally, I gave up and called Amazon tech support. Here is their reply for your edification.

Dave

The windows 8 app does not have access to the entire memory available on the disk, it is sand-boxed application with a size limit limitation. This is the reason, you might run into a Disk full error which means that the application has run out of it's alloted quota for storing books.

In this case, you want to delete a few books that you are not reading currently to make space for other books that would want to download. All the books that you owns are always available from the Cloud tab, regardless if they are downloaded to the device or not

I find that it quits around 15-20. Since I have over 1,200 in my library it is a frustration.

But I was glad to find out that the app wasn't broken - it's a feature not a bug!

• 3 weeks later...

I find that it quits around 15-20. Since I have over 1,200 in my library it is a frustration.

But I was glad to find out that the app wasn't broken - it's a feature not a bug!

Sounds like a bug to me. How can they possibly think that should be a feature?