RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Surface Rt Run Over By Many Cars! Again!

berty6294

Hey everybody, well bad thing happened today. I forgot my surface on my roof again and it got ran over by not one, but MANY cars on the exact same street at the exact same time exactly 2 weeks after the first time.

This time it didnt end well though :( the glass is completely shattered (looks like it was lit up by a machine gun) and the lcd screen is not working. Everything else seems fine, the case looks unfazed!

Really disappointed, im out $700. I really need to learn some responsibility. On a brighter side, more of a reason for me to get the Surface Pro! ;) lol

i have already decided to get a bag for it and to not carry it around as an extension of my body all the time!

That aside, does anybody know if there is a way to purchase specific parts for the surface? Like the glass and screen only. I would love to see if i can piece this thing back together!

When i get home from school im going to plug in a mouse and external monitor and see if everything else is still functional! Anybody know if there is setup needed when plugging in another monitor? or will it automatically push my display to the external?

When i get home from school im going to plug in a mouse and external monitor and see if everything else is still functional! Anybody know if there is setup needed when plugging in another monitor? or will it automatically push my display to the external?

The default is to mirror the screens, no setup needed. At least that was it for me. A USB mouse also 'just worked'. Bluetooth needs setup.

I don't know anything about parts. Good luck.

i actually couldnt find any micro hdmi cables so i just ordered one through amazon (with a bunch of other cyber monday christmas presents)

One more question, will it mirror my lock screen? i need to be able to unlock it as well!

First, You might want to check with the credit card company, they sometimes have a replacement plan attached to items you buy with the card.

Second, Check you home owners and automobile insurance and see it ether of them would cover the device.

yeah the card company said they cant do anything for me.

If i used my insurance its a $1000 deductible

im on the line with microsoft right now. The guy said hes gonna get me the accidental damage protection and then replace it! haha good thing i called, only a $150 mistake instead of a $740 mistake!!!! :D

im on the line with microsoft right now. The guy said hes gonna get me the accidental damage protection and then replace it! haha good thing i called, only a $150 mistake instead of a $740 mistake!!!! :D

That's awesome! Not something you get from greedy Apple, I had an iPod that stopped working a couple of days after the extended warrantly expired and they wouldn't do anything at all to help. That's the day I stopped using Apple products, dumped iPod, iPhone and Macbook.