RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

How To Connect Lumia 920 To Tv

mustangpete2010

I am currently waiting on my new Lumia 920 to arrive in the mail from AT&T.

As exciting as that is, let me present my question.

I've had an HTC Evo 4g (PC36100) for the past two years, and one thing I've loved about it is the ability to hook it up to my tv via HDMI.

I know that the 920 has DLNA instead of HDMI, and I am actually considering buying a new tv for christmas.

Which brings me to the topic of my rant [slash] my question:

Why is it so hard to find a tv (or, preferably, a projector - I know, I'm weird) that is DLNA-certified?

Retailers and manufacturers just don't list "DLNA-certified" as a feature of their products! WHYYYYYYYYY?!

Is there some date that I'm not aware has passed, after which all tvs (and projectors?) are required to be DLNA-certified?

Please, help me find a new tv or projector that I can connect my 920 to, so I can get my NetFlix on.

DLNA tends to be related to media server devices more than TV's. Do you have a gaming console or a PC connected to the TV? The Play On app for Windows Phone may be a route you can go. If NetFlix is the main thing you are trying to get on your TV, every new TV I have seen that has Web access also has NetFlix. Also most gaming consoles and BD DVD players have a NetFlix app built in. If you have an older Windows 7 PC around you could turn it into a HTPC. Media Center in Windows 7 works well and there is support for NetFlix on Media Center.

• Like 1