RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

How To Connect Lumia 920 To Tv

mustangpete2010

mustangpete2010

I am currently waiting on my new Lumia 920 to arrive in the mail from AT&T.

As exciting as that is, let me present my question.

I've had an HTC Evo 4g (PC36100) for the past two years, and one thing I've loved about it is the ability to hook it up to my tv via HDMI.

I know that the 920 has DLNA instead of HDMI, and I am actually considering buying a new tv for christmas.

Which brings me to the topic of my rant [slash] my question:

Why is it so hard to find a tv (or, preferably, a projector - I know, I'm weird) that is DLNA-certified?

Retailers and manufacturers just don't list "DLNA-certified" as a feature of their products! WHYYYYYYYYY?!

Is there some date that I'm not aware has passed, after which all tvs (and projectors?) are required to be DLNA-certified?

Please, help me find a new tv or projector that I can connect my 920 to, so I can get my NetFlix on.

schoondoggy

DLNA tends to be related to media server devices more than TV's. Do you have a gaming console or a PC connected to the TV? The Play On app for Windows Phone may be a route you can go. If NetFlix is the main thing you are trying to get on your TV, every new TV I have seen that has Web access also has NetFlix. Also most gaming consoles and BD DVD players have a NetFlix app built in. If you have an older Windows 7 PC around you could turn it into a HTPC. Media Center in Windows 7 works well and there is support for NetFlix on Media Center.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• Joe_Miner
      By Joe_Miner
      I unboxed my Mohu Leaf Glide HDTV indoor antenna with a possible range up to 65 miles.  It may be possible for me to receive up to 30 channels in my area.  I first attached it to my HDTV in the basement and was able to receive 6 channels – which seemed pretty good given the below ground level location.  Later I tried it with my 1st floor HDTV and received 7 channels. At a future date I plan to set it up in my 2nd floor attic to check the channel reception at that higher elevation attached to a Silicon Dust HD Homerun. I need to figure out how to get power and an internet connection to my attic.

AS-Built:
      Mohu Leaf Glide HDTV Antenna, Indoor, Amplified, 65 Mile Range, Paper-thin, Reversible, Paintable, 4K-ready, with 16 foot detachable cable

• Joe_Miner
      By Joe_Miner
      Well, I finally did it and got a 4K monitor and have attached it to my MicroServer.

Here is my list of devices that I worked with:

4K LG Monitor
      ·         LG32UD59-B 32” 4K UHD LED Monitor, 3840x2160, HDCP 2.2, HDMI, DisplayPort, AMD FreeSync, On-Screen Control
      HPE ProLiant MicroServer Gen10 X3421
      ·         8GB RAM  - Stock
      ·         Windows 10 Pro x64
      ·         OS Drive: SATA Port 1 – Samsung 840 Pro 256GB loaded in Icy Dock’s EZConvert in Drive Bay 1
      ·         4K LG Monitor attached with DP cable – NOTE: 4K LG Monitor was also attached with HDMI cable via: “Active DisplayPort to HDMI 4K Adapter, Benfei DP to HDMI Ultra HD Converter”   -- both attachments seemed to work well.
      ·         SYBA SD-CM-UAUD USB 2.0 External Stereo Audio Adapter
      ·         External speakers with subwoofer
      ·         Logitech K120 Keyboard with mouse
      ·         Pioneer slim external USB 3.0 Blu-Ray BDR-XD05S
      ·         CyberLink PowerDVD 18 Ultra

The monitor seems to work well in 4K mode with both the DP cable connected directly to the MS as well as the HDMI cable using a DP to HDMI converter that I used last year when working on the Beta unit.  So far so good.  

Here's a video of my experience

• Dave
      By Dave
      I sat down with @jcollison and talked about Burst HDD Mining.  This episode of the RESET Podcast should fill in all the blanks if you have had questions about Hard Drive mining.

Please subscribe with your favorite podcast player.

RESET is a weekly tech podcast that covers home automation, networking, and home storage.  No tech subject is off limits and RESET will get off the rails on other favorites.  This podcast is by David McCabe who has been podcasting since 2008 on popular shows such as Home Server Show and Surface Geeks. Listen to RESET via these podcast apps and directories:

RESET FM - http://reset.fm/about  
      By Guest
      Today's show features an interview with VIA about their new hardware releases.  Pay close attention for  some very interesting tidbits that you won't learn from anywhere else.

News and Items mentioned on today's show.

HP Mediasmart Server Ex485 - Click here to go to HP Shopping, enter coupon code - SV0708.  Thanks goes out to the mediasmartserver.net community and forums for that coupon.  Check the link for more coupon codes. Get an EX485 new for under $500!

Add-In: SqueezeCenter for Windows Home Server 7.3.3

Add-In: MyMovies 1.05

Add-In: RipNAS 1.5

Windows Home Server Team New General Manager, Kevin Kean

Microsoft opening retail stores

VIA Interview Links

A1000 - DataSheet and Specs

A1000 Photo

A2000

A2000 Review

Detailed photos of A2000

NSD-7800

Detailed PHotos of the NSD-7800

Follow the Podcast on Twitter!

Don't forget to vote for the Home Server Show at Podcast Alley.

My Blog at thedigitallifestyle.com

[iTunes] Subscribe to the Podcast in iTunes(MP3).
      [Zune] Subscribe to the Podcast in the Zune Marketplace.
      [Mp3] Download the Podcast in MP3.
      [RSS] Add the Podcast feed to your RSS aggregator.
      [blog RSS] Add the Blog feed to your RSS aggregator.
    • JohnTW
      By JohnTW
      Some days are great, and I love my Lumia 925, enjoy using the OS and all my apps.

Other days, everything becomes annoying. Podcast apps lose my last played location, apps don't respond to bluetooth connections correctly, push notifications never come, and whenever I am in a hurry, every app takes FOREVER "Resuming..." or loading new data.

My friends on 920 state the same, but seem more tolerable. Coming from iOS and Android (iPhone 1 through 5, and the Nexus 4, Nexus 7 and Optimus G Pro)... I am not use to this behavior. Those experiences are far more consistent, love them or hate them.
      How does everyone else feel using Windows Phone 8 as their daily driver? Everyday can't be great, when it gets tough... where are the problems? Those days that are pleasant, what really stands out? General question... are the issues OS level or app/dev level? I plan to explore the answers to the above more thoroughly, and am curious on the thoughts of others.

Thank you!