RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
scottbakertemp1488993265

64 Gig Surface Without A Cover Or With A Type Cover?

scottbakertemp1488993265

So the microsoft.com store won't sell me a 64 gig surface without a cover or with a type cover. Will the retail store do that?

I would like to get my wife a 64 gig with a type cover.

thanks,

-Scott

SurfaceNerd

I have yet to get a solid confirmation in that but when I was in the retail store in Bellevue, it seemed like they did.

Sent from my NOKIA Lumia 920 using Board Express

CommonTek

I have the same question. If I get the RT I want the 64 especially since the OS and update consume so much space but I dont want the black touch cover, I either want the type or a red touch.

Does anyone else feel MS missed the mark with thier sales strategy? How the heck can they deny thier highest paying customers (for thier own homegrown products that is) any accessory option, why would you force us into something we may not want? At the very least it should have been offered as stand alone. It just really miffs me assuming they would be unwilling to work with the customer to sub and pay the $30 difference.

scottbakertemp1488993265

I plan to drive to the Cincinnati Store Wednesday (11/21) and find out. I'll report back on what happens.

SurfaceNerd

Does anyone else feel MS missed the mark with thier sales strategy? How the heck can they deny thier highest paying customers (for thier own homegrown products that is) any accessory option, why would you force us into something we may not want? At the very least it should have been offered as stand alone. It just really miffs me assuming they would be unwilling to work with the customer to sub and pay the $30 difference.

I feel the same way TabletJunkie. The covers should be sold as an accessory only.

scottbakertemp1488993265

It worked! The 64 gig surface comes bundled with a black touch cover. I had to purchase the 64 gig with a black touch cover and purchase the type keyboard. Then they did a no receipt return on the touch cover. so if your ok with driving to the nearest MS store location it's not a problem.