RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Surface Rt And Rdp

CablDeViL

I hear everyone complain about remote desktop with RT into Server and Windows 7. I use RDP every day at work and I have not seen this issue with older MS operating systems. Can anyone give me a scenario so I can test also?

Cabldevil, can you provide any examples of the issues people are complaining about? I have used RDC on the surface to get into my Win7 laptop and multiple servers without ANY issues. In fact, I would argue (and could probably gain an easy consensus) that RDC is one of the top features of this tablet (IMVHO). One thing for sure - having some kind of keyboard is 110% necessary for any RDC session.

schoondog, wow. just, wow. Those folks (on that board) are in for a long slog trying to get RDC set up using the hints/tips provided by the other forum members. Although, I would still be REALLY happy if LogMeIn would start coming out with more RT-enabled apps. I use a lot of their stuff for myself and my clients and being able to use it seamlessly on the RT would really be the last step in being able to leave my laptop in the office (and RDC back into it, LOL!).

I just really want Cisco AnyConnect for RT! We use this here at work and having that would allow me to RDP into my work computer. Anybody have connections at Cisco? :)

Mike Martis for one was having problems with server 2008 and win7 but not me. I just wanted to see if I could reproduce the problem.

• 3 weeks later...

I just really want Cisco AnyConnect for RT! We use this here at work and having that would allow me to RDP into my work computer. Anybody have connections at Cisco? :)

It's not an issue with Cisco, they have said they want to make an AnyConnect RT App but Microsoft has not opened the APIs in order to do it, os it's MS issue.