RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

G. WadeTech

What is the communities thoughts around creating a Windows 8 App for SurfaceGeeks.net (similar to what Toms Hardware has done)?

Well, you know I trust you Gordon! There are some other guys around here that might want to give you a hand too. If there is anything I can do to help then let me know!

I have been thinking about this for a while also. Nit just a Windows 8 but also a Windows Phone 8 app. I am willing to help if you need it. Just hit me up.

Sent from my NOKIA Lumia 920 using Board Express

I was thinking a Windows 8 App and then a Windows Phone 8 App. And using the forums on SurfaceGeeks.net to break out the different phases of development to gather peoples input so the app could be community built.

• Like 1

Yes I totally agree with you and we should really start this rolling. Please contact me off thread @ kylereddoch at outlook dot com. Let's get this started. Then as we develop it, we can post here in the forums in phases and then get the input of the members.

• 3 weeks later...

Based off the work I have done thus far the SurfaceGeeks.net RSS(XML) content needs to define more data to allow WinJS to pull the content properly.

Need things like:

<MainTitle>

<content>

Based off the work I have done thus far the SurfaceGeeks.net RSS(XML) content needs to define more data to allow WinJS to pull the content properly.

Need things like:

<MainTitle>

<content>

Gordon, did you bring this up to Dave also?

I think apps for WP8 is more important as its more uncomfortable to browse the forum through WP than say through desktop. - just my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...
I think apps for WP8 is more important as its more uncomfortable to browse the forum through WP than say through desktop. - just my opinion.

I use tap stalk and it is very comfortable.

Need things like:

<MainTitle>

<content>

First I saw of this Gordon. Sorry. I'll need to add this to my list. I decided not to go with Feedburner with this feed. Can you pull HomeServerShow.com and see if it looks Ok?