RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Lumia 920 Battery Issues

SurfaceNerd

I am see a lot of people reporting that the battery on their Lumia 920's are fastly draining throughout the day. Just wanted to see if anyone has had this happen to them. Yes, I am one of the people who is seeing this. I am wondering if this could be a bug with the NFC and other new features in Windows Phone 8. Hopefully Nokia sends a fix out soon.

Sent from my NOKIA Lumia 920 using Board Express

My first night that I had my 920, I went to bed with the battery at 100%, set an alarm on the phone, when I woke up (maybe about 7 hours later) the battery was in the 20-30% range. Since then I have had no problems, I did the same thing last night, and when I got up this morning the battery was above 90%.

My first night that I had my 920, I went to bed with the battery at 100%, set an alarm on the phone, when I woke up (maybe about 7 hours later) the battery was in the 20-30% range. Since then I have had no problems, I did the same thing last night, and when I got up this morning the battery was above 90%.

I am wondering if we need to charge it to 100% and then let it completely drain out (making it shutdown) and then recharge back up. I think the battery might just need to be recalibrated.

I just got my Nokia 920 on Friday, charged it for a few hours, activated it Saturday, and my battery drained very quickly. I guess it's possible that I used it more than I thought, but I had it on the charger for a while today while driving, and it wouldn't recognize that it was plugged in. When I attach it to the charger, it will only occasionally indicate that it is charging (the little plug shows up over the battery life indicator). At one point, the phone had 0% life but remained functioning while plugged into the charger. But the battery life % wasn't increasing so it was like it was acting as power cord only, not a charger. Once I rebooted the phone, I couldn't get that feature to work again. After that, it just continued to shut down on me and never gained enough juice to power up until I got home.

The weirdest part is after several hours of charging yesterday, I looked at the battery saver settings, and it said the last charge was 68 days ago. That has since changed to a recent time frame, but I'm still concerned about the battery or the charger contacts. The gal at AT&T said that they would swap it out without even testing anything, but I wouldn't necessarily be able to get another yellow. Definitely no yellows in the store, perhaps still online.

I have since been able to get it to charge at home. I'll evaluate it for a few more days and decide if I want to try a new one. I just turned off tap+send as well.

Quickly is a relative term. My 8x seems to drain about as fast as my iPhone 4 with the same use. It also depends on how good of a signal you have. If the phone has to keep searching then it will drain very quickly.

Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express

• 2 weeks later...

I've had the Lumia 920 since the release date and have also experienced inconsistent battery life. It seems to be better recently. I've wondered whether NFC can be disabled but I can't find any options so I'm not optimistic about that.

The reason I was interested in disabling NFC - aside from saving some battery drain - is that I'm noticing that my other devices drain super-fast when placed close to the Lumia. I have a Samsung Infuse that drains much faster when it's sitting next to the Lumia. It could be something other than NFC, but I have to wonder.

I've had the Lumia 920 since the release date and have also experienced inconsistent battery life. It seems to be better recently. I've wondered whether NFC can be disabled but I can't find any options so I'm not optimistic about that.

The reason I was interested in disabling NFC - aside from saving some battery drain - is that I'm noticing that my other devices drain super-fast when placed close to the Lumia. I have a Samsung Infuse that drains much faster when it's sitting next to the Lumia. It could be something other than NFC, but I have to wonder.

NFC setting is under the settings app then Tap+Send. Turn that off.