RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Proud Owner Of A Samsung Ativ At-500T

alaneisen

Hello,

I picked up the AT&T version as well and want to let everyone know that there isn't a digitizer in this tablet. You give that up to get the LTE connectivity built in.

Still love this unit and for now the Surface RT I got is being used by my son.

Yeah I have been looking at the AT&T version for quite some time as I would like to have a LTE connectivity on my Pro device. Coming to find out that it doesn't have a digitizer really hinders it even over the LTE connection. I think the best bet for me would be the Samsung ATIV Smart PC Pro 700T or the Surface Pro when it comes out.

Yeah I have been looking at the AT&T version for quite some time as I would like to have a LTE connectivity on my Pro device. Coming to find out that it doesn't have a digitizer really hinders it even over the LTE connection. I think the best bet for me would be the Samsung ATIV Smart PC Pro 700T or the Surface Pro when it comes out.

I am still torn returning it for the Pro version or even just the same one without LTE. I loved the digitizer that my Android tablet had so it would be nice to have that. The LTE is nice but I can usually tether to the phone so it is not as big an issue.

The microsoft store near me has the Pro model that I played with a bit. It was nice but wondering a bit about that battery life and the head issues. They had not had it long enough to know or even try to figure out what the real battery life was going to be but at least they were honest enough to let me know that the claimed was not realistic.

So many options..

• 2 weeks later...

Personally, for me at least in the UK the Samsung Smart PC seems rather expensive, however as this is the only Clover Trail tablet available just now, I've not totally discounted it. I was originally looking to get the Acer Iconia W510, which seems better value and better battery life, but it seems like they won't be available until the middle of January. Also, I'm put off by the fact that Clover Trail tablets won't run a 64 bit OS, so that means I can't run Windows Phone 8 SDK on it. I think the Asus Vivo Tab (not RT) looks the best of the current bunch of Clover Trail tablets, particularly as it comes with GPS and nice speakers (useful, as I will be using it to watch a lot of stuff in Media Centre)

The 32 bit version of Windows 8 supports Connected Standby which helps deliver better battery life on Clover Trail based tablets

The W510 has an extra battery in the keyboard to give a claimed 18 hours of battery life, whereas the Samsung doesn't - unless the smaller screen size or some other design issue is a concern then a much cheaper device with better battery life seems very attractive. Connected standby is potentially very useful but standby will still give several days use anyway - which is a reasonable trade-off for a more powerful CPU.