RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Proud Owner Of A Samsung Ativ At-500T

alaneisen

Walked out of the at&t store with a little less money in my pocket. Got a Nokia Lumia 920 and the ONLY Samsung ATIV they had. I was going to wait for the ASUS RT LTE, but since this was in stock, i gave it a shot.

They didn't have the keyboard dock, but they are going to call me when it comes in.

I've loaded it up and you what, I find the desktop to be a pain so far. Without the keyboard, it's still not that easy to use with the touchscreen.

Later, Alan

Yes, but I didn't get it yet. I'm going to pick one up tomorrow and see how that can help with the desktop. I haven't tried office on it yet.

Funny you day that about the desktop. I am working on an article on hoe to make the desktop more touch friendly. Be on the look out on the Surface Geeks blog.

Sent from my NOKIA Lumia 920 using Board Express

Awesome. If you want to do a mini review of both please drop me a line. Would love to put it up on the blog with some photos. Thanks! PM or use the contact button on the blog.

Funny you day that about the desktop. I am working on an article on hoe to make the desktop more touch friendly. Be on the look out on the Surface Geeks blog.

Sent from my NOKIA Lumia 920 using Board Express

I loaded Classic Start Menu. Made a big difference.

Alan, have you had a chance to compare to the Surface RT? I really want a pro version but wont be able to afford $1000+ and the Ativ 500 looks like it could be an incredible value compared to the 64GB Surface only running RT However I am concerned the Atom processor isnt enough to run any real Legacy apps anyhow so therefor I might as well stick to the Surface or another RT platform.

Also, did you purchase Office for it? how much and are there any bundle discounts?

I appreciate yours or anyone elses first hand experience.

Also, how annoying is the build quality (or lack thereof)?

Hello,

I picked up the AT&T version as well and want to let everyone know that there isn't a digitizer in this tablet. You give that up to get the LTE connectivity built in.

Still love this unit and for now the Surface RT I got is being used by my son.