RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Nokia Lumia 920 Cases List

SurfaceNerd

mustangpete2010

I ordered a leather case from Hedocell.com ... but, due to the fact that I usually try to sell my handsets once I finish with them, I'd like to find a thin hard shell case (preferably cyan, to match the handset), which would fit into the leather case, so that I don't end up with a gouge in the handset's casing like #brigittep72.

Edited by mustangpete2010

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

By Guest
      Today's show features an interview with VIA about their new hardware releases.  Pay close attention for  some very interesting tidbits that you won't learn from anywhere else.

News and Items mentioned on today's show.

HP Mediasmart Server Ex485 - Click here to go to HP Shopping, enter coupon code - SV0708.  Thanks goes out to the mediasmartserver.net community and forums for that coupon.  Check the link for more coupon codes. Get an EX485 new for under $500!

Add-In: SqueezeCenter for Windows Home Server 7.3.3

Add-In: MyMovies 1.05

Add-In: RipNAS 1.5

Windows Home Server Team New General Manager, Kevin Kean

Microsoft opening retail stores

VIA Interview Links

A1000 - DataSheet and Specs

A1000 Photo

A2000

A2000 Review

Detailed photos of A2000

NSD-7800

Detailed PHotos of the NSD-7800

Follow the Podcast on Twitter!

Don't forget to vote for the Home Server Show at Podcast Alley.

My Blog at thedigitallifestyle.com

[iTunes] Subscribe to the Podcast in iTunes(MP3).
      [Zune] Subscribe to the Podcast in the Zune Marketplace.
      [Mp3] Download the Podcast in MP3.
      [RSS] Add the Podcast feed to your RSS aggregator.
      [blog RSS] Add the Blog feed to your RSS aggregator.
    • mustangpete2010
      By mustangpete2010
      I am currently waiting on my new Lumia 920 to arrive in the mail from AT&T.

As exciting as that is, let me present my question.

I've had an HTC Evo 4g (PC36100) for the past two years, and one thing I've loved about it is the ability to hook it up to my tv via HDMI.

I know that the 920 has DLNA instead of HDMI, and I am actually considering buying a new tv for christmas.

Which brings me to the topic of my rant [slash] my question:
      Why is it so hard to find a tv (or, preferably, a projector - I know, I'm weird) that is DLNA-certified?

Retailers and manufacturers just don't list "DLNA-certified" as a feature of their products! WHYYYYYYYYY?!

Is there some date that I'm not aware has passed, after which all tvs (and projectors?) are required to be DLNA-certified?

Please, help me find a new tv or projector that I can connect my 920 to, so I can get my NetFlix on.
    • osquest1488993265
      By osquest1488993265
      Looks like Nokia has started rolling out the Amber Update. I just installed it on my Verizon 928. The availability is listed here. Seems to be only a few handsets so far.

The glance screen seems useful as does the double tap to unlock. Remains to be seen what the effect on battery life is. I'm just installing the new photo/video apps now so can't comment on them.

The update seems problem free so far.
    • Joe_Miner
      By Joe_Miner
      Is anyone aware of App(s) available for call Blocking on Windows Phones?

I have read that Nokia is pushing it out as an update but that carriers (like AT&T wireless) have been slow (I'm shocked) in adopting it http://betanews.com/2013/08/09/nokia-adds-call-and-sms-blocking-to-part-of-its-lumia-windows-phone-8-lineup/

iOS 7 has call blocking now http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2013/09/iphone-call-block-faq/ so I was hoping that Windows would have it one way or the other.
    • JohnTW
      By JohnTW
      My review went live today. I'm starting this forum post for Q&A, followup and other discussion.  Please let me know if you have any questions about the device.

Pros
      Amazing display that is well suited for multiple content types Great speakers that truly set the device apart LTE is built right in Overal design  
      Cons

It could be lighter, but only since the iPad Air started shipping is weight a thing with larger tablets The screen's backlight bleed can be annoying to some, apparently some of these devices have it better or worse than others Windows RT - I believe the platform won't gain enough traction and a Bay Trail Atom running full x86 Windows would have helped this product succeed  
      I will continue testing the device and will update the forums with thoughts as I go along.