RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
SurfaceNerd

Nokia Lumia 920 Cases List

SurfaceNerd

Okay so now that the Lumia 920 has been released, I was wanting to start a thread about what cases there are for the phone. Feel free to post links that way people who have this phone (me included ;)) can come here and get case ideas.

I'll go first:

Otterbox Defender Series:

http://www.otterbox.com/Nokia-Lumia-920-Defender-Series-Case/nok2-lumia-920,default,pd.html?dwvar_nok2-lumia-920_color=J5&start=1&cgid=nokia-lumia-920-cases

Otterbox Commuter Series:

http://www.otterbox.com/Nokia-Lumia-920-Commuter-Series-Case/nok4-lumia-920,default,pd.html?dwvar_nok4-lumia-920_color=H2&start=2&cgid=nokia-lumia-920-cases

As of tying this, there are currently listed as "Coming Soon" and you can sign up to get notified when there are available.

birkenstocksmonk

one of the benefits of the rather flat iphone design is that you can get cases that still look nice on the phone. the lumia is just too beautiful to cover up w/ a case. here's what i do. i buy little microfiber pouches from amazon and i just put the phone in it when i'm not using it. protects from scratched and keep the phone clean.....not drop protection, though.

SurfaceNerd

You do have a point. The Lumia is so sexy it is treason to cover it up. But, some people like protection so therefore lets please just keep this thread to links to find cases.

birkenstocksmonk

whoops, i didn't intend to derail or anything. i really just meant to say i use a bag as a "case." i've decided to upgrade from the bag though and here's what i found:

http://www.etsy.com/search?q=iphone%20sleeve&view_type=gallery&ship_to=US&ref=auto4

there's a ton of folks on etsy making custom cases and sleeves. each person i've contacted said they would happily make a lumia case if i sent the dimensions the cases and sleeves in the link are for iphone. i searched iphone, because there are only a few listed specifically for the 920.

many of the options on etsy are as beautiful as the lumia itself. i went w/ a sexy leather option. a guy make them by hand in spain. bought a sleeve from the same guy for my surface, too. i'll post pics when i get them. should be 2 or 3 weeks.

SurfaceNerd

No problem at all.

Yes I really love Etsy and they do have good products. Thanks for the link btw!

IndyLux

My 920 comes tomorrow. So far, I don't plan on using a case. I don't mind a couple dents an dings. The 900 is very durable in my experience.

Dave

My 920 comes tomorrow. So far, I don't plan on using a case. I don't mind a couple dents an dings. The 900 is very durable in my experience.

Sweet, congrats Chris.

SurfaceNerd

Okay I just purchased a rather nice case for my Lumia 920...yes I know I said that I wasn't going to use a case but I really didn't want to chance damaging this hot sexiness of a phone. It is the Speck CandyShell Grip. Liking it so far. It is very durable and fits the phone snugly.

Speck CandyShell Grip Case: http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/accessories/cases/sku6290326.html#fbid=tB0ZNhQ_dzk

Speck CandyShell: http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/accessories/cases/sku6290327.html#fbid=tB0ZNhQ_dzk

For some reason they are not available on Specks website yet though. I am sure they will be in the future.

brigittep72

I'm really hoping that iSkin will come out with one and preferably clear. I've used those for years now with my iphones. Without a rubber case, my phone feels like it's going to fly out of my hands. My iphone has been dropped many many times, and I never got a scratch on it with the iSkin Solo. I had my 920 for about 2 hours, dropped it about 4 inches and now have a little gouge in the corner. It looks like a dog tried to bite into it. I need to get something quickly even if it's just a sleeve for now. I'm hesistant to get the black case that is available now because the whole reason I got the bright yellow is so that I can find it in my purse. I am still considering adding some glow in the dark stickers.

Dave

Two hours? Oh wow, i would be sick!