RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Got The Type Cover Today

geekaccountant

Been using the touch cover for a week or so and today we received two type covers. So far, I am linking the type cover more as a keyboard. Don't like it as much when it is flipped over, but much easier to type on for me.

I liked it for typing too. I don't know how I would feel about it as a cover. I'm trying to stay tablet instead of going laptop! I like the on screen keys.

Yeah I am not sure how I like it as folded back as much as I due the touch. Tested one when I was at the Bellevue store. Definitely will be getting one though.

One of the things we are testing with these is if they can replace laptops for our people who are light weight laptop users. Meaning, the produce very little with the laptop and mainly use it for consumption. However, they will send e-mails, review Excel/Word/PowerPoint files and may at times, make small adjustments to these files. So for this use case, a keyboard is a must IMO. We are also considering getting a pen to use with the tablet as long as it could be used to markup PDF files.

Used the Type cover a good bit today and I am in love with it. While I liked the Touch cover, the Type cover just works better for me. Created several memos and spreadsheets while using it today.

For most students I think this is an fine laptop replacement. Most students in under grad and pre secondary levels only use the internet and create in the basic office suite of programs that come with the RT. My brother has been using his for school and loves it, never using his laptop or desktop anymore because the RT satisfies his basic needs.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys.

I bought my Surface yesterday, so this is my first post here. Although I have Win8 Pro on my laptop, I'm still walking through the learning curve with the Surface.

I bought mine without the Touch Cover, and added the Type Cover. But every since I installed it, it is regularly not recognized by the Surface. I need to restart, or more times disconnect and connect a few times before I see the cursor arrow and can type again. :wacko:

Please help!

Hey there,

If it doesn't snap in to your Surface and get recognized immediately I would take both back to your local Microsoft store. Maybe replacing the cover will do the trick and I'm sure they will try it out and possibly try other covers to make sure everything is ok.

Glad to have you in the forums and check back and let us know how it's going.

• Like 1