RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Surface Rt App Store Connectivity Issues?

birkenstocksmonk

i'm wondering if anyone is experiencing this. i have a 64g surface and when i'm searching the app store, i keep getting a error message saying my pc isn't connected to a wireless connection even though my surface is connected. the app store will connect and then drop the connection...one and off, on and off at different points. it will connect for a couple of searches and then drop. i'll click connect, and then it will connect and it will allow a search or two and then drop again.

i don't know if the problem is w/ the app or the device. no other app gives me the connection error message, but perhaps the store app is the only app designed to give that message. if that's the case the issue could be hardware. i don't know....anyone else experiencing this?

I had that issue one evening about a week ago. It went away on its own by the next day. Like you, only the app store had issues. I assumed the store was busy because MS was loading lots of great apps :)

great! hopefully it will go away for me, too. i've noticed that overall performance seems to have slowed a bit and i think it's due to the issue--apps trying to update w/ info from the net. i think i might try a refresh tonight. i also wonder if one of the app i downloaded might be guilty. anyway, i'll try a few things and report back. all in all, though, i'm loving the surface!

Yeah it appears that MS has overloads on the store frequently because I too have problems from from time to time.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

i think i'm going to take the surface back and request a replacement unit. i'm still getting this message, but on my computer, which also runs the store app as far as i know, i never get this message.

so i brought my surface to work to try on my office network, and the connectivity issues seems to have disappeared. i know think the problem must be w/ my home network.

For what its worth, many reviewers have reported issues with wireless dropping randomly while other home devices on wifi do not get dropped. I hope this is an isolated batch and not a device wide antenna issue.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been getting this issue on both my home network and on my work network. I have over 100meg on both of those networks so it must be somewhere at the server side that it's getting congestion.