RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
almock

Anybody have experience with the Cisco RV 120W router/firewall

almock

I'm having some issues getting a few features to work and was wondering if anybody on here has any experience with this device. I have posted to other forums as well, but figured I would check in here since people are usually very helpful.

There is a feature on the WRT54G called "Filter Internet NAT Redirection". I can't seem to find the equivalent on this router.

http://homecommunity.cisco.com/t5/Wired-Routers/What-s-the-purpose-of-Filter-Internet-NAT-Redirection/m-p/63857

I do have an open ticket with Cisco and they are looking into it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

pcdoc

I'm having some issues getting a few features to work and was wondering if anybody on here has any experience with this device. I have posted to other forums as well, but figured I would check in here since people are usually very helpful.

There is a feature on the WRT54G called "Filter Internet NAT Redirection". I can't seem to find the equivalent on this router.

http://homecommunity.cisco.com/t5/Wired-Routers/What-s-the-purpose-of-Filter-Internet-NAT-Redirection/m-p/63857

I do have an open ticket with Cisco and they are looking into it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Do not have any experience with this router however the feature you are describing is sort of a standard feature called NAT or Network address translation. It is typically not something that you activate or turn on or off. It would be better if you actually state what you are trying to accomplish so we can provide some guidance.

usacomp2k3

Do not have any experience with this router however the feature you are describing is sort of a standard feature called NAT or Network address translation. It is typically not something that you activate or turn on or off. It would be better if you actually state what you are trying to accomplish so we can provide some guidance.

That actual setting "filter inernet NAT redirection" is actually not just NAT. Depending on whether it is checked or not, the router will let devices within the network access another device in the network externally-available using that external address. For example, if you have mywhs.homeserver.com forwarded to your WHS, that checkbox will determine whether devices within your network can access the server using mywhs.homeserver.com or not. If not, then you will need to use either the internal IP address (ie 192.168.0.111) or the servername (ie http://homeserver/).