RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

What add-ins are you running.

jwolfera

Like I have said in some other posts, I just did a server restore. What I was wondering what add-ins people are running? On the podcast the other night, Diehard said that he was running something insane like 21 add-ins. What are you running and why? Looking for ideas that will make my media work better for me. Media collecting is something that I am trying to do also. Let's hear it.

JR

I'm running 7:

MySQL Installer for WHS
ASoft AutoExit 2009 for WHS
WHS PHP Installer
WHS Disk Management
Whiist
My Movies (I just haven't gotten around to uninstalling it after installing it awhile ago)
WHS Backup Database-Backup

What are you using MySQL for?
Did you use My Movies to rip movies? I tried it the other night and I got a 40 folder from a DVD. Did you get similar results?

I was playing around with my old DVD management software (vcd-db) trying to get it working. It requires mysql & PHP. I couldn't get it working, unfortunately. The code is just too old.

BDBB - MediaSmartServer
Remote Notification - Microsoft's WHS developers forum
Advanced Admin Console - Home Server Plus
Diskeeper 2010 - Diskeeper HomeServer Edition

For movies -> DVDFab: ripped straight to the Videos folder on WHS, then converted for streaming with HP's built-in Video Converter. I'm liking 'Media Browser' over MyMovies as it's free. Looks great.

For folks running Grid Junction, what UPS do you use?

WHS Disk Management
Advanced Admin Console
Grid Junction hooked to a APC Back-UPS ES500
Perfect Disk 10 (won in a give-a-way...nice)
Tivo Publisher (installed because I have a Series2 Tivo, but don't use)
SageTV
MyMovies

I am running an HP 485 MSS. I am about to remove MyMovies and just use my desktop computer to pull any metadata I need for videos. MyMovies on my server seems to cause some erratic behavior at times.

Looks like it is time to do a little bit of house cleaning on my addins.

I have just started feeling comfortable with my WHS after 3 iterations having to wipe and re-install each time. The joys of a frankenbuild. In any case so far my only addin is:

My Movies.

I like its collection management features. Also My Movies is free for some of it's functionality and pay for the rest. Media Browser is free now but supposedly moving to a pay model shortly. And you can use both if you like.