RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Interesting Email Observation

scoobyx

I did something amazingly stupid over the weekend (I will spare you the details, but suffice it to say, it was 100% user-error and not to be blamed on the Surface tablet) that required me to factory reset my Surface tablet - while I was on the road! The whole process worked really well and I am happy to report that a lot of my settings carried through the reset so I didn't have to go through EVERYTHING once the tablet came back online.

I did notice something strange though and I would be curious to know if anyone else has seen this or can confirm the behavior. I have four accounts loaded into the Mail application; my primary email (Office365), my Windows Live account, my Gmail account, and an account I have through one of my customers (another Office365 account). Prior to the reset, I had set up my Gmail account to only pull mail every hour. It's a personal account and I don't care about getting mail as it comes in. After the reset, I was going through the mail list and decided to just have all the accounts present mail as it arrived. Here's where I ran into the issue - I could only get three accounts to download email as it arrived. The fourth account (regardless of which one) was limited to downloading email (at best) every 15 minutes. I could change which account to any of them, but I thought this limitation was strange.

Similar results. I just did a reset and my fourth email account is can't do "as it arrives". I could be wrong, but thought all were before the reset. This happens to be one of two GMail accounts, the other can do as it arrives. My other two accounts are outlook.com accounts. Coincidence maybe, but it's the fourth account in the list that can't select as it arrives.

osquest, I was thinking the same thing (everything was "as it arrives" before the reset), but after thinking about it more, I recalled that I definitely had my Gmail account set to pull on an off-interval. schoondog, thanks for the pro-tip re: posting in the Surface forums over at Microsoft. I hadn't thought about that, but will check it out later this evening. If I end up posting something over there, I will link back to it in here so there's some continuity in the thread.

• Like 1