RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Traveling With The Surface Rt

SurfaceNerd

Okay so I have been traveling today to Seattle where I will be here all week for a conference. While on the plane, I got time to use my Surface. I really have to say that it works well on a plane. Just put down the tray from the seat in front of you and you know have a place to put the surface (with the kickstand) on for easy display. Heck, even with the touch cover out on it, the surface fits perfectly on the tray. No problems here. :)

I just took mine from Atlanta to CA and back over the weekend. I would agree with your sentiment revolving around the ease of use on the plane. There were a number of things that made using the device really nice. First, the instant on feature was great. It's really a pleasure not having to wait for something to boot up. Second, the form factor of the device (the kickstand and attached type keyboard) worked great. Having spent a ton of my career flying around the country with a laptop, I can attest to how great it is to not have to lug something ginormous around to get work done in a compressed space, like an airline coach seat. The third thing that struck me as highly valuable was the ability to have two applications on the screen at the same time. I was able to put a very complex proposal together for a customer during my flight. Being able to have OneNote sitting on one side of the screen and an email or a spreadsheet on the other - just awesome. Anyhow, those were some of my experiences from this past weekend. Now, I am just glad to be home. :)