RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Lastpass For Windows 8 Rt

Dave

I'm not having much luck with LastPass for RT. I installed it and never looked at it and then did an update on the app. The update killed it so I had to un-install and re-install it. I can at least open the app now but I can't find a way to copy the password to a site that is saved in my LastPass vault.

LastPass has a built in browser but I rarely use it since I like to have tabs open in IE. When I need a password to a site I open LastPass and either copy the username or copy the password to the clipboard and then pop back into IE to paste it in. I have done this with iOS but can't figure out how with LastPass. Hopefully it's just growing pains as I need this app to work!

To copy the password I:

- Activate the search charm and search lastpass for the site.

- Tap and flick down on the site entry to select it (check mark should appear)

- Swipe up from the bottom to activate the menu

- select copy password

- In most cases I can swipe in from the left to go back to the app and past in the password

• Like 1

Didn't quite have the flick perfect. I was long tapping and the checkmark would disappear. I still don't like it but glad to have my vault. Thanks for the tip.

Any chance this integrates into ie someday?

I'm hoping they get it to at least the iPad level where it can use a bookmark to fill in the fields. I've gotten used to it, but still don't like it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• EON1488993291
      By EON1488993291
      Hello!

I have a Surface RT (32 GB) and it only has 1.69 GB of space left on the HD. The thing is that I have almost nothing on it (just a few apps that I check and do NOT take a lot of space, and small files), so I don't know what is taking so much space. Does anyone knows where is all that memory going? I have not being able to find it (I have checked the size of the apps, delete the trash can, delete the internet history/cookies)...

Also, I want to upgrade to Windows 8.1. These are the two ways that I have think of doing it, but I will like your opinion on which option is better (or if there is a better way):

Plan 1: take the tablet to its original status (in PC settings > General > Remove everything and reinstall Windows), move the recovery files to a thumb drive (http://www.surfacegeeks.net/forums/index.php?/topic/192-surface-rt-how-to-free-up-4-gigabytes-of-storage-space-on-your-rt/), and do all updates to take it to Windows 8.1

Plan 2: free some space by moving the recovery files to a thumb drive, make the upgrade to Windows 8.1, run a cleanup disk and defragment the drive

Making a backup of the files in the tablet is easy b/c there is not much in it, but my main concerns for the process are: I am going to loose microsoft office? is it going to ask me for any key/license number (if I ever had one, I don't know where it is)? anything else that I am missing?

Thanks!

EON
    • GByOBRRLZG
      By GByOBRRLZG
      Hi, I'm thinking of getting a surface 2 for a familiy of 6.  Two parents and 4 young children.

The children will need to access school websites that undoubtebly use flash and require a complex username, teacher's email, passcode / pin.

What should I expect performance wise of a surface 2 with 6 people signed into it? 
      Should I get the larger disk version of the surface because the whole family plans to use it?

Is there an RT version of Last pass or a RT last pass like solution to remember all the passwords for the school sites?

Thanks!

• Dave
      By Dave
      Surface with Windows RT, 32 GB: $499
      Surface with Windows RT, 32 GB with Black Touch Cover: $599
      Surface with Windows RT, 64 GB with Black Touch Cover: $699
      Surface Touch Cover (white, red, black, cyan, or pink): $120
      Surface Type Cover: $130
      Initial reactions? To high?
    • Dewain27
      By Dewain27
      Hello Surface Geeks.  I listen to your podcast and you asked for people to post what they have from a Windows 8 perspective.  Let me first preface this that I am a Microsoft employee.  I have been with the company for 8 years and may be a little partial if you ask me about things.  I can't give details about futures of Microsoft, but I can definately give you details about experiences and what I see.  Here is the list of my current Windows 8 machines:

Surface Pro 128 GB - Primary Work machine (Type Cover) w/ Plugable USB 3.0 Docking station Surface RT 64 GB (2) 32 (2) - Primary Content Consumption Device w/ 64 GB SD and Type Cover Asus ZenBook Prime Touch UX31A - Primary Personal Laptop used for DJing and Lighting Design Samsung DP500A2D-A02UB All-In-One with Touch screen Gateway 23" All-In-One with Touch screen Dell XPS Workstation w/ Dual 22" screens one being a Dell Touchscreen Monitor Samsung Series 9 First Gen Laptop Samsung Series 7 Slate w/ docking station Gateway DX4840-11e Desktop Fujitsu Stylistic Q550 Slate w/ docking station Lenovo W510 Laptop - Old Work Laptop My current phone is a Nokia Lumia 920, however I have had the following phones as well:
      Samsung Focus Samsung Focus S Nokia Lumia 900 HTC 8X Other items that might be of interest:
      (6) Xbox 360 consoles - Used for Media Extenders and Gaming Dedicated Home Made Media Center Machine Dedicated Windows Home Server HDHomerun Prime w/ 6 HD Cable Feeds and (2) Cable Cards Smithson Martin DVS 32" - http://www.smithsonmartin.com/dvs/ I have a pretty elaborate setup for things and have made it quite simple for household activity, but figured that I would see what questions this list of items would spur...

Oh, and for those that are not Microsoft people.  I do keep a stock of other items that I leverage to understand the the competitor solutions such as:

MacBook Pro w/ dual SSD drives 13" non-retina iPad v1 iPod 4th Gen Nexus 7 32 GB Asus Transformer 16 GB  
      Ok, enough about the hardware... Questions?

Dewain
    • JBresky
      By JBresky
      I got my Surface RT a few weeks after release. Had my husband take one home to Sweden from New York. One thing I still have not got to work well is how to use the SD card in a good way. For example, how do I get media like music and video to show up in the metro/modern interface apps. As Of now I have to open up one song at a time from the file menu and not a playlist or album.
      /Johan