RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Multiple Accounts And Rt Apps

chilero

So I've bought a surface for the family and have added 3 separate accounts to it. Does anyone know if...

Is it correct that apps purchased on one account will only be available to that account on this device? If I buy Angry Birds Space on my son's account then it'll only be accessible from his account?

Second. For each account the Surface appeared to download and install updates to Music, Bing etc... rather than just performing this once. If, for example, I download the free Cut the Rope for all three accounts would it actually download it 3 times, taking up that precious storage space or is it simply downloading one time and giving the other accounts access when I choose to get it from the store for the other accounts?

I could do some trials, check storage etc.. but I thought I would see if anyone knows before I spend some cash on games.

chilero

This seems to explain it well;

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/windowsstore/archive/2012/03/12/licensing-apps.aspx

I do not think the app is stored multiple times, but you could test this out.

Check your available space on your drive. Install an app for one user, confirm how much space was used. Install same app for another and see is it increases by the same amount.

I assume the second install will use a little of your drive for settings, but not the same amount as the first install.

• 1 month later...

I use the Surface Windows RT with two accounts and I added a Newspaper subscription app (Süddeutsche Zeitung) to both. The second insallation didn't decrease the free space on the Tablet. So I guess, even if you have to install the app twice, it will only leave code on there ones.

My problem with this specific app is that I have to donwload ervery new edition (daly paper) twice.But this is only this app.