RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Is It Just Me Or Are You Looking Forward To Pro After Buying Rt?

Dave

I still love this RT device but I was just wondering what it would be like to have a Media Center in my hands while I'm sitting in the living room watching a Media Center. HA! Seriously, I'm curious for the power of Pro. You?

Yes I am really eager to get my hands on a Pro Windows 8 Tablet. I will not be going with the Surface Pro as I already have the RT version. Also, I am wanting to get one that has data connectivity on it other than just Wifi. I have my eyes on the Samsung ATIV S Smart PC that will be available from AT&T.

I am waiting to get Visual Studio installed on it and see how it runs.

Debated before the release glad I went for RT, not considering pro for tablet anymore. But liking Windows 8 and will consider Win 8 Pro for a future laptop.

That is why I wanted a Samsung Ativ PC Pro from the beginning. The RT was a non-starter. Just waiting for the Ativ to hit Best Buy shelves.

Staples has the ATIV Smart PC, but not the PRO.

If you click 'buy it now' for the PRO on the Samsung site it points you to Best Buy for Business, CDW and J&R.

The PRO does come up on Newegg, but it is sold out.

Hi Loving the Podcast great job Dave, hope the site and community evolves into the great resource.

I have held off too long with the tablet computing thing but ready now as running old laptops for home use. I am a little skeptic about the RT as not 'proper' windows and would limit what I need to do. I am hoping a Pro device surface or not may bit the bill.

Idea: How about starting a post to list /discuss the Pro 8 tablets as they become available?

Even better get PCdoc to do the "Full Fochez" [no idea how you spell it only heard it] and BUY THEM ALL.