RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Rogers Getting Lumia 920 Tomorrow!

SurfaceNerd

Now I am really mad. I have my 920 preordered and am eagerly awaiting to get it in my hand and Rogers (in Canada) announces they are launching the Lumia 920 tomorrow. WTH?!

When is AT&T going to announce anything.....I WANT MINE NOW! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like I just got the deal of the century. I live in Canada so I have been calling all the Rogers locations looking for the 920 so I can buy it outright (599 + taxes here = $680) and put it on my Telus account. Unfortunately it has still been rather impossible to find. Well today I finally found a Rogers store with one in stock, and the rep was kind enough to put it aside for me. It took me half an hour to get there, and when I did the rep told me unfortunately it was used, somebody had bought it and returned it the next day. I checked it out and you couldn't tell it was used so I figured I would buy it, hoping to get even $20 off if I was lucky. When I asked what the price would be, he told me because it was used I could have it for 50% off. Ended up paying $340 for a practically brand new 920, and even better it came unlocked.

So far it has been fantastic. I have heard a lot of complaints regarding the size and weight. Personally I prefer a heavier phone, feels like it is a better quality build when there is a bit of weight behind it. The size is something to get used to, I came from using the HTC Surround (and when the charging port became intermittent I was forced to go back to an iPhone 3GS) so I do notice quite a difference. I am always worried it is going to slip out of my hand when I pull it out of my pocket.

The camera is incredible (at least compared to my other phones). I haven't really messed around with too many of the extra Nokia apps to give an opinion on them yet. Wireless tethering with my SurfaceRT works beautifully.

My only complaint so far is that when the phone vibrates it makes a weird sound. At first I thought that the speaker was blown, so I turned off vibration and left the ringer on and tried calling the phone and the speaker sounds fine, but with vibration on it sounds odd when I get a call. It's not something that is a deal breaker by any means, it will just take a little bit to get used to.