RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Intermittent Touchcover Function

IndyLux

I'm experiencing intermittent function of my touch cover. Often, when I turn the surface on, the keyboard does not respond. I need to disconnect it and reconnect it, then it instantly works. This doesn't happen every time, but it's happened 5-6 times in the short time I've had it. Anyone else seeing this?

I'm thinking either new connections that need to 'break in', drivers that need updating, or a faulty keyboard.

PCDoc is returning holis as well but for other issues too. Mine has been stable but I have not been able to activate it and update due to a few days away in a cabin.

I have only noticed this on mine when I previously had it folded back behind then close it. When I first reopen to use it, it doesn't respond.

Mine is virtually unusable. Going back to store and I am not sure if I want another one. Nice unit and I love Win8 but may have to fine an alternative like the Samsung.

I wondered about the 'fold it back' then close issue as well. I restarted this morning and it installed an update. Now it seems to me to be more responsive. I'll keep playing and let you know. I'm still thinking it was a drivers issue (fingers crossed!).

I wondered about the 'fold it back' then close issue as well. I restarted this morning and it installed an update. Now it seems to me to be more responsive. I'll keep playing and let you know. I'm still thinking it was a drivers issue (fingers crossed!).

They mentioned at the Microsoft Store there was an update but I do not think it helped me at all

I have the same problem. The touch cover doesn't work most of the time. I hope it's the cover and not the Surface itself. I'm going to try and exchange the cover this week and we'll see if that fixes it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Al_Borges
      By Al_Borges
      For sale , Microsoft Surface 3 tablet , 4 gigs memory, 128 gig storage
      good  used condition

includes
      Urban Armor Gear scout case for surface 3
      Blue type cover for surface 3
      Surface 3 pen
      and charger/cable

Asking $200 Plus actual shipping from Central Indiana, USA 

I love the tablet, but had to get an Ipad so I could facetime with my granddaughter !
    • EON1488993291
      By EON1488993291
      Hello!

I have a Surface RT (32 GB) and it only has 1.69 GB of space left on the HD. The thing is that I have almost nothing on it (just a few apps that I check and do NOT take a lot of space, and small files), so I don't know what is taking so much space. Does anyone knows where is all that memory going? I have not being able to find it (I have checked the size of the apps, delete the trash can, delete the internet history/cookies)...

Also, I want to upgrade to Windows 8.1. These are the two ways that I have think of doing it, but I will like your opinion on which option is better (or if there is a better way):

Plan 1: take the tablet to its original status (in PC settings > General > Remove everything and reinstall Windows), move the recovery files to a thumb drive (http://www.surfacegeeks.net/forums/index.php?/topic/192-surface-rt-how-to-free-up-4-gigabytes-of-storage-space-on-your-rt/), and do all updates to take it to Windows 8.1

Plan 2: free some space by moving the recovery files to a thumb drive, make the upgrade to Windows 8.1, run a cleanup disk and defragment the drive

Making a backup of the files in the tablet is easy b/c there is not much in it, but my main concerns for the process are: I am going to loose microsoft office? is it going to ask me for any key/license number (if I ever had one, I don't know where it is)? anything else that I am missing?

Thanks!

EON
    • andypdm
      By andypdm
      Hello everybody!

I have a Surface Pro 4 i7 with 512GB which was very expensive! After a couple of months I have noticed that sometimes when I put it to sleep it won't wake up and I have to reset the whole thing. I love the device and use it a lot, and I twitted Microsoft and they contacted me and say that I have to replace it... I am OK with that but I live in UK and the service is from USA, they say they do not have my device and have to send me a refurbished one, on the other hand I can see the UK store has my model. 

My question is, what do you guys think of refurbished devices? Does it affect the performance? I am not too annoyed about the issue, I just do not put it to sleep anymore, but on the other hand it is annoying that a new and expensive item does not work properly. What would you guys do? I mostly use my Surface to draw with Illustrator and Photoshop... 

I would appreciate any short of advice and help!

Thank you very much!
    • davzsurfacepro
      By davzsurfacepro
      I've been lugging around a BT keyboard for my surface pro since release day.

I'd like to spring for a type cover keyboard (do not want the touch)...but I went to the local BestBuy and noticed that the model type cover keyboard is fuzzy on the back. The fuzzy back looked terrible (maybe thru heavy use as a demo). It looked frayed at the edges and starting to pill on the main surface.

What is the point of the fuzzy surface?  The touch cover doesn't appear to have this, although I may be mistaken.

Are you supposed to flip the keyboard around and put the fuzzy side against the screen when you close it? If that's the case, will the keys scratch the screen if you don't?  

For those of you who own one, does the cover look terrible after normal use?
    • Rob1488993271
      By Rob1488993271
      I have just finished uploading a video of myself unboxing my Encore.

You can see it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWDjheMdTwo

I have linked to Surface Geeks in the description and at the end of the video.

Hopefully it will generate you guys some traffic! 

Haha, I doubt it though, I have never done a YouTube video before 

I did have some problems with McAfee, it is probably worth watching just to see how angry I got.
      Nothing like ranting about that crap software, made me feel better.

Took me 4 hours to upload this video though, man.. I need some better internets. I put it on my friends YouTube account, he is hoping it might get him some traffic too