RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Xmarks

jwolfera

Ok, so it has been awhile since I have posted here, so please be nice :).

I read a few days ago that Xmarks bookmark syncing service is shutting down Jan 2011. I use this service to keep some on my computers book marks synced. I have moved my personal stuff to Google sync, but my wife does not like Chrome and I have not be able to find a way to sync Firefox with Google sync. I did find that LifeHacker ran an article about rolling your own Xmarks server, but I am a little lost on where to start because you need WebDAV. How to Continue Syncing Bookmarks with Xmarks on Your Own Server

Does WHS v1 have the ability to run WebDAV? If so where would I start? Is there an extension for Firefox to use Google sync that I have not found? Out of work right now so trying to find projects to keep busy. This would help me out a lot. I did do some searching on the forums but did not find much, but again it was just a little searching so I might have missed something.

Thanks,

JR

Edited by jwolfera

I like that Chrome does automatic syncing of bookmarks natively between itself, and I heard that the next version of FF will as well.