RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Microsoft Pop-Up Store At Fashion Show Mall In Las Vegas

schoondoggy

• 2 weeks later...

Similar situation, was in town for Dev Connections. Decided since I was so close would stop by and check it out. On last day of Conference (1 Nov) Mark Manasi, Mary Jo Foley and Paul Thurrott all had talks on the Surface. So during an intermission I called the store (Kiosk) number and got a central answering service. The operator was knowledgeable and explained they fielded all calls for kiosk stores. She confirmed the Vegas store had the 64gb model in stock. So after the show I went down to the Mall in search of the Kiosk. Nothing in the Mall Directory. But that is probably to be expected since it was a temporary kiosk. There was a concierge desk but obviously being a guy I couldn't bring myself to asking, at least not in the beginning. After passing the store two times I broke down and asked the concierge. 'Store' is basically a booth with 3-4 salesfolks and several demo machines. My purchase was pretty painless and the clerk seemed reasonable knowledgeable. Another clerk did caution a potential buyer about the differences between RT and Pro and potential limitations of RT.

Was a bit disappointed the 64 gb was a hard bundle with the flat keyboard. I broke down and bought the additional upscale keyboard. Haven't had much chance to explore much. Looking forward to the other posts here for tips etc.

Awesome, thanks for checking in on your purchase. I look forward to hearing about your experience.

I wonder if that pop up will still be there in January? I'll be there for CES.

Good question. Logic would dictate that would be a smart move. OR move it to the convention center lobby.... But then this is M/S. Problably be gone by 1Jan...

Still haven't had much time to play with it yet. A few annoying quirks (at least I hope they are just quirks) which I will look for solutions in the forums. If none will post a request for help in the appropriate forum.

Thanks Dave for a great site. Been a HSS listener since Episode 1. I'm sure this will be equally outstanding.