Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• SurfaceNerd
      By SurfaceNerd
      Some are getting emails stating that their Surface RT tablets have already shipped. WPCentral wrote an article on this today. Although, I have received mine and my account still shows it as "in process". Anyone else get an email?
    • Dave
      By Dave
      Surface with Windows RT, 32 GB: $499
      Surface with Windows RT, 32 GB with Black Touch Cover: $599
      Surface with Windows RT, 64 GB with Black Touch Cover: $699
      Surface Touch Cover (white, red, black, cyan, or pink): $120
      Surface Type Cover: $130
      Initial reactions? To high?
    • osquest1488993265
      By osquest1488993265
      Just finished running through setup on mine. My first impressions are:

- Bad - I couldn't write this post with IE on the Surface. The <Enter> key didn't work and entry to the main text box would just seem to stop for no reason, Hopefully a setting or tweak will fix it. Maybe it's just me.
      - Nice clear screen. I didn't compare it to my iPad side by side, but it's clear and easy to read. Better than I expected. No video watching yet.
      - The touch keyboard doesn't have a sticky shift key so it's necessary to hold the shift key when needing it. The on-screen keyboard shift key is sticky so it can be tapped then the same finger can hit the other key.
      - 15 app updates. Either "Typical Microsoft" or "Nice! They are improving constantly." (Edit: Make that 19 updates. 4 more under "Windows Update" and these triggered reboot)
      - Messaging for updates was a bit buggy. When I went back to check on status it told me I had 15 updates and listed them again. Some of which I watched update before making it a background task. When I it "Install Updates" it immediately told me all were installed and cleared the queue.
      - It arrived with a charge, ready to go. The icon indicates a 50% charge.
      - It does find a lot of wireless networks, 21 where I am now. It supports 5Ghz Wireless N which I love because of those 21 networks only mine is an interference free 5 GHz. So while a shorter range, much more reliable for me.
      - The Touch keyboard will take getting used to as reviewers have said.
      - Finally, as other reviewers have said, the build quality is top notch.

It's now time for me to find a place to hide and explore the Surface. Exciting stuff!
    • SurfaceEvangelist
      By SurfaceEvangelist
      Hi everyone,

if you got the issue that your Surface RT with attached Touch Cover mutes the sound randomly, you should check out this post and advice in the Microsoft Answers-Forum:
      http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/forum/surfwinrt-surfusing/sound-keeps-muting/da9ba2de-f7cf-41e1-b6f7-e91742bb48e5?page=7&tm=1352327557452

They are still working on that issue but they know already that it has to do something with the Touch Cover.
      Because of that they want you to exchange the Touch Cover (if you got this issue) through the Store Support.

Take Care,
      Surface-Evangelist
    • bowulf
      By bowulf
      Surface RT + Touch Keyboard for only $179 -- http://www.wpcentral.com/deal-alert-surface-rt-keyboard

Now it is already OOS according to the comments.  They say they are doing the same special for Black Friday as well for those with MC nearby -- instore only bundle.  This deal didn't last long today, but it is good to see it is coming back for BF.