RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
Joe_Miner

Surface Rt Pre-Orders

osquest1488993265

Just to confirm with everyone, the pre-orders are intended to arrive on or before 10/26 - correct? Not ship ON 10/26... That's what I'm hoping for anyway!

Yes, delivery "by 10/26" although they changed it up on Lethbridge and now I see the 32 and64 with covers are now listed as shipping in 1 to 2 weeks and the list delivery within 3 weeks at the top of the site.

schoondoggy

I ordered within an hour of the pre-order launch. I just checked the order status at the MS store and it shows order in process.

The emails I have received all say delivery on or before 10/26/12.

SurfaceNerd

I preordered mine the day they came available. Preordered the 64gb with the black touch cover. Also picked up a cyan touch cover. I can't wait for it to come in.

Lethbridge

I should also add that despite the emails I received last night, My account page on the Microsoft store still shows delivery by Oct 26th.

Lethbridge

Just read this on the Verge: "Microsoft has confirmed the email was sent in error to some international customers. "All customers should expect their devices by the original date given when orders were placed. Microsoft is following up with customers to confirm their original shipping date remains unchanged, and we apologize for any inconvenience caused."

Feeling a bit better now.

SurfaceNerd

That's good. I would have flipped if I had got an email like that.

Just read this on the Verge: "Microsoft has confirmed the email was sent in error to some international customers. "All customers should expect their devices by the original date given when orders were placed. Microsoft is following up with customers to confirm their original shipping date remains unchanged, and we apologize for any inconvenience caused."

Feeling a bit better now.

Lethbridge

Just got my official email from Microsoft apologizing for the mixup, still scheduled to arrive on the 26th. If this was really going to be delayed, I was tempted to go to the local popup store and wait in line, buy one then and cancel my preorder.

Dave

I read somewhere that UK orders were being delayed by customs so perhaps it's the same issue with Canada?

IndyLux

Microsoft just announced that the delay e-mails were an error. They should deliver on time! (Oh, you guys already said that...)

SurfaceNerd

Just to confirm with everyone, the pre-orders are intended to arrive on or before 10/26 - correct? Not ship ON 10/26... That's what I'm hoping for anyway!

Yes, the delivery date will be ON 10/26 so they will be shipping before then. My order currently says "in process". So be looking for the FedEx guy this Friday.