RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Windows Phone 7

pcdoc

Anyone seen the videos and announcements on the upcoming phones? Like to hear if anyone is going for it or if anyone plans on trading in their iPhones for them. Must admit, it looks good and is tempting...

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dvn

• pcdoc

• geek-accountant

I like both of HTC's offerings. The slide-out surround sound speaker sounds hokey, but the HD7 looks awesome! Even better, it's on T-Mobile (i.e. not AT&T).

I am not happy with Android...inconsistent UI, podcasting application not fully supported, having to load additional video player, etc. This looks like the polish is as good as iOS and once there are CDMA phones on Verizon, I will give this a look-see. On Droid2 now so I'll be on this phone for some time to come yet, but it is good to see a polished alternative to iOS and Blackberry and Android.

The Zune Pass subscription service and AT&T U-Verse application look very interesting. Make it a CDMA/GSM combo so I can roam while in Europe and I am a happy camper.

Jim

Been waiting for this - I still have hopes for WinMo... will have to wait until they become widely available (and at a good price point).

I am hoping it will make switch and give up my iPhone which I love but this appeals to me for some reason.

I like the HTC devices but the Dell offering is the most appealing to me. Samsung and LG are just meh. The Asus phone looks nice though. Going to wait to hear on oem unlocked availability and pricing but will likely pick up the hd7, surround and Dell devices.

@jam3ohio - what do you mean by "podcasting application not fully supported" on android? What are you using?

How can I not jump into this thread?!

The HTC handsets looked nice. I don't like the slide down portrait keyboard one. Was that the Dell? I'm excited to see them finally out in the open but since they are not on VZW yet I'm not all that excited.

the dell device is the lightning we saw in the leaks a few months ago, though it looks like the official name is now the "venue". it's a portrait qwerty slider (a la pre) with a 4.1" screen. looks like it's going to be a t-mo exclusive in the US and no info re: an international version. looks like you'll have to wait until next year to see what vzw picks up Dave.

I would not rule out the new Samsung. It is the thinest and I believe the best display and does not have any moving parts such as keyboards and such.