RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
Brian1488993265

First Surface Ad On National Tv Last Night!

Brian1488993265

Last night the first Surface ad was debuted on national TV -- on that crap show Dancing with the Stars and Monday Night Football -- I didn't see it cuz I'm a cord cutter. Did anyone see it when they ran it last night?

So, MS reportedly has a $1 Billion marketing budget for the Surface, Windows 8 and everything else. I don't know if this will be effective for those who aren't enthusiasts? It's kind of weird really. The first time I watched it, I was a bit disturbed with the little girls dancing, then i watched it again and I guess they weren't trying to show them as dancing "provocative" which is good...it would be messed up if they were.

Then the old couple kissing...um not sure the point of that. I guess to show the tablet can be used by everybody! Including your grandparents...And what about security? They start sharing their tablets with each other...no lock screen enabled? LOL I guess I'm analyzing it too much.

What do you guys think of the commercial?

clint

I saw a post about it and checked it the video out. very cool, and should get noticed by the general public and I hope that they use it outside the US too, (Australia, NZ) I think it would sit well with Glee and other such shows that I don't bother watching, to get the surface noticed and talked about. I bet there are more commercials like it to come.

osquest1488993265

I watched a video of the ad and thought it was fine for trying to build an image of the device as fun and for the family. Not targeted to folks in this forum.