RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
Renny1488993265

The Rumor Mill

Dave
The least expensive Microsoft Surface tablet will be priced more in line with a low-end laptop than a $199 Google Nexus 7, one analyst argues.

Seriously? I can't see it happening.

Microsoft's imminent Surface RT tablet will priced between $399 and $499, excluding the smart cover/keyboard, according to Sameer Singh, an analyst with India-based consulting group Finvista Advisors, a mergers and acquisitions consulting group.

And the Pro version -- due next year -- will fall in the $799 to $899 range, also excluding the smart cover/keyboard.

Yup.

IndyLux

I'm still holding out for a sweeter deal on the RT tablet. I think I have $399 to drop but I would want it to have the basic keyboard cover at that price.

Would have been nice to see the $199 price but I don't see it happening.

Do we expect to know the price before the launch? I need to know how much to roll up and put in my sock.

Dave

Agree on both points. At $399 i would like the keyboard combo and it's hard to imagine RT starting at $199 but you never know. I'm betting the pricing will hit the streets before launch but when? Getting close!

Brian1488993265

Yeah, do we even know if the keyboard will be included? Maybe two prices I guess...$299 without Keyboard and $399 with? I dunno, I am hoping for a price in the Nexus 7 / Kindle Fire HD realm, but it will probably be more in the iPad range...who knows...exciting to speculate and frustrating at the same time