RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
  • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Al_Borges
      By Al_Borges
      the selection and quality of the windows 10 store apps   has taken a turn for the better in the last few months

Software publishers have started to load in their win32 apps  in the Store

The big one is  Itunes  of course.    I dont use Itunes per se but a program I use ( mediamonkey)  requires it to be installed to sync to Ipods and Iphones

The big advantage of loading in Itunes this way  is that it leaves behind all the other crud  ( apple updater, Bonjour etc) and just does Itunes

But there are several others that I have used and can recommend.  In some cases the author asks for a small fee for the program via the store.  but you can install on any  of devices hooked into your account and updates are handled thru the MS update process

Paint.net  a solid paint/photoshop type program.  Very good program that I have used for many years.    This is the program that should have replaced MS Paint, rather than the POS  Paint 3D

Libre Office   full featured office suite -  fork of the openoffice project  solid program  more like MS Office than the google office suite.  One of my daughters went to school using this and wrote her PHD thesis with it.  

Irfranview  Lightweight handy image viewer/editor.     I have used this program for over 20 years !!!!     If I need to just crop or lighten an image to paste into another document,  this is what I use.   

Inkscape   open source Vector drawing program -    similar to Adobe Illustrator  and visio     dont use this program often  but  since visio isnt part of the standard office 365 package,  a good program to have loaded up 

Autodesk CAD Mobile    Dont confuse this for a full featured CAD program , but for viewing and marking DWG files or creating simple CAD profiles,  this free program works fine

Please feel free to pass along other useful items you found in the windows store

• Dave
      By Dave
      Indianapolis, IN
      http://content.microsoftstore.com/store/detail-holiday/Indianapolis-IN

8702 Keystone Crossing
      Indianapolis, IN 46240
      Phone: Coming Soon

Where to find us
      This store is on the Lower Level of the Fashion Mall at Keystone, in front of Abercrombie & Fitch.

I would like to start organizing a line party on release day. I'm not sure if it's possible to do a midnight release since it's in the middle of the mall. Hopefully we will have more info in the coming weeks.
    • Dave
      By Dave
      Topic Title should be the city and then start some conversation about the location. Provide photos if you have them!