Dave

Indianapolis, IN

http://content.microsoftstore.com/store/detail-holiday/Indianapolis-IN

Fashion Mall at Keystone

8702 Keystone Crossing

Indianapolis, IN 46240

Phone: Coming Soon

Where to find us

This store is on the Lower Level of the Fashion Mall at Keystone, in front of Abercrombie & Fitch.

I would like to start organizing a line party on release day. I'm not sure if it's possible to do a midnight release since it's in the middle of the mall. Hopefully we will have more info in the coming weeks.

Dave

I made another trip to this mall and found the pop up. It literally popped up in a week. It is not where I expected it to be though and much smaller than I thought. I'll post some photos on the blog.

I spoke with the lady at the mall directions desk and she told me the doors open at 9. I would get there at 9 and hang out with a fully charged phone. It would be cool to have some folks to hang out with

I'm still trying to figure out where I'll be though. Oakbrook IL or Indy.

scottbakertemp1488993265

I would like to stop at this store during the thanksgiving commute. Any word on what devices they'll have? Obviously they'll have a surface RT. I can't imagine they can keep much of an inventory in that little space.

tinkererguy

I believe I overheard Dave and Jim talking to the Microsoft folks about this very question, last night. I was busy taking pics.

They may be able to answer your question.

Meanwhile, here's a slightly different link I spotted:

http://content.microsoftstore.com/store/surface-holiday/Indianapolis-IN?WT.mc_id=pointitsem_retailsustain_surface-holiday_d

IMG_2855.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Al_Borges
      By Al_Borges
      For sale , Microsoft Surface 3 tablet , 4 gigs memory, 128 gig storage
      good  used condition

includes
      Urban Armor Gear scout case for surface 3
      Blue type cover for surface 3
      Surface 3 pen
      and charger/cable

Asking $200 Plus actual shipping from Central Indiana, USA 

I love the tablet, but had to get an Ipad so I could facetime with my granddaughter !
    • Al_Borges
      By Al_Borges
      the selection and quality of the windows 10 store apps   has taken a turn for the better in the last few months

Software publishers have started to load in their win32 apps  in the Store

The big one is  Itunes  of course.    I dont use Itunes per se but a program I use ( mediamonkey)  requires it to be installed to sync to Ipods and Iphones

The big advantage of loading in Itunes this way  is that it leaves behind all the other crud  ( apple updater, Bonjour etc) and just does Itunes

But there are several others that I have used and can recommend.  In some cases the author asks for a small fee for the program via the store.  but you can install on any  of devices hooked into your account and updates are handled thru the MS update process

Paint.net  a solid paint/photoshop type program.  Very good program that I have used for many years.    This is the program that should have replaced MS Paint, rather than the POS  Paint 3D

Libre Office   full featured office suite -  fork of the openoffice project  solid program  more like MS Office than the google office suite.  One of my daughters went to school using this and wrote her PHD thesis with it.  

Irfranview  Lightweight handy image viewer/editor.     I have used this program for over 20 years !!!!     If I need to just crop or lighten an image to paste into another document,  this is what I use.   

Inkscape   open source Vector drawing program -    similar to Adobe Illustrator  and visio     dont use this program often  but  since visio isnt part of the standard office 365 package,  a good program to have loaded up 

Autodesk CAD Mobile    Dont confuse this for a full featured CAD program , but for viewing and marking DWG files or creating simple CAD profiles,  this free program works fine

Please feel free to pass along other useful items you found in the windows store

• EON1488993291
      By EON1488993291
      Hello!

I have a Surface RT (32 GB) and it only has 1.69 GB of space left on the HD. The thing is that I have almost nothing on it (just a few apps that I check and do NOT take a lot of space, and small files), so I don't know what is taking so much space. Does anyone knows where is all that memory going? I have not being able to find it (I have checked the size of the apps, delete the trash can, delete the internet history/cookies)...

Also, I want to upgrade to Windows 8.1. These are the two ways that I have think of doing it, but I will like your opinion on which option is better (or if there is a better way):

Plan 1: take the tablet to its original status (in PC settings > General > Remove everything and reinstall Windows), move the recovery files to a thumb drive (http://www.surfacegeeks.net/forums/index.php?/topic/192-surface-rt-how-to-free-up-4-gigabytes-of-storage-space-on-your-rt/), and do all updates to take it to Windows 8.1

Plan 2: free some space by moving the recovery files to a thumb drive, make the upgrade to Windows 8.1, run a cleanup disk and defragment the drive

Making a backup of the files in the tablet is easy b/c there is not much in it, but my main concerns for the process are: I am going to loose microsoft office? is it going to ask me for any key/license number (if I ever had one, I don't know where it is)? anything else that I am missing?

Thanks!

EON
    • andypdm
      By andypdm
      Hello everybody!

I have a Surface Pro 4 i7 with 512GB which was very expensive! After a couple of months I have noticed that sometimes when I put it to sleep it won't wake up and I have to reset the whole thing. I love the device and use it a lot, and I twitted Microsoft and they contacted me and say that I have to replace it... I am OK with that but I live in UK and the service is from USA, they say they do not have my device and have to send me a refurbished one, on the other hand I can see the UK store has my model. 

My question is, what do you guys think of refurbished devices? Does it affect the performance? I am not too annoyed about the issue, I just do not put it to sleep anymore, but on the other hand it is annoying that a new and expensive item does not work properly. What would you guys do? I mostly use my Surface to draw with Illustrator and Photoshop... 

I would appreciate any short of advice and help!

Thank you very much!
    • CommonTek
      By CommonTek
      Well…. I’m ruined.

I went to Best Buy tonight on my ride home, cutting through the [4 letter word] snow, and made my way to the Microsoft carpet in the corner.  I was there to check out the new MS hardware.  Unfortunately, yet unsurprisingly, they did not have the Surface Book on display.  That was fine, as I was really there to check out the SP4 and its accessories.  I picked up the tethered SP4, turned it around, and said ‘meh.’   I then clicked the new SP4 keyboard in, placed my stubby little fingers upon the keys and then it began… puppies rained from the ceiling, butterflies fluttered about, and rainbows were cast throughout the store.

It. Was. That. Good.

I’m somehow who prefers a short key travel, so that has never been much of an issue for me on the SP3, but the SP4 keyboard has just a bit more travel that simply just feel perfect.  The depression is also sports a more satisfying firmness compared to the spongy experience on the SP3.  The new key mechanism makes a big difference, providing solid, even depression no matter where impact is made. The spacing of the keys was the real godsend.  I was able to flow without any keying errors at full rate; something I cannot accomplish on the SP3 keyboard as my robust phalanges regularly trip two keys at once. If that wasn’t enough, I placed my thumb down upon the new trackpad, made a move, and tinkled my pants a little.  The range of motion the 30% larger trackpad provides is lightyears better; I was able to actually have nearly full range of motion of my thumb without smashing into the fabric barriers, and responsiveness was more than adequate.  I played on the keyboard for about 20 minutes before even noticing the sexy assistant patiently waiting at its side.   

The Pen, which I’ve come to now refer to as Electra, was a fantastic improvement as well.  The pen I was using had what I imagine is the default tip, reminiscent of the felt tip sharpie pens I’m so fond of.  The action on the glass felt X-rated, again… It. Was. That. Good. The felt tip made writing upon the glass surface not just acceptable, but enjoyable.  I’ve never been a huge fan of the plastic tip on the SP3 pen and how it feels exactly like you would expect writing on glass would feel; the lack of resistance and/or friction has always been a bit unnerving. The felt tip on the new gen pen provides the right amount of friction and resistance, and makes writing on glass as close to writing on a piece of paper as I’ve ever experienced.  The best comparison I can make is the feeling of writing with a felt tip pen on a high gloss piece of cover stock. 
      In all of my time at the store (I’m honestly surprised they didn’t ask me to leave for as long as I stood there covering the table in drool), I only found one minor hiccup.  That hiccup was that I could not get double tap and hold on the trackpad to highlight/select.  I’m not a ‘clicker’ of the trackpad, so this was a bit of a letdown.  Double tap to click works fine; it was just the select/hold function of a double tap that wasn’t working.  There wasn’t a SP3 or another SP4 near enough to allow me to try the tethered keyboard on it, so I’m unclear whether the issue is keyboard or Surface related, but, I assume that it is probably a driver issue and may have been resolved in the first batch of updates.

So, as I stated at the start, I’m officially ruined.  I sit here typing this on my stupid, toy like, SP3 keyboard, mashing spongy keys (often the wrong one too), and trying to navigate using this stupid postage stamp of a track pad.  I’ve even pulled a Carol, whispering ‘Look at the Flowers’ as I retired the pen to a pocket for it to never see the light of day again (Walking Dead reference).  I’ve tasted the sweet, succulent, nectar of the SP4 accessories, and I can’t wait to have the scratch to marry them with my SP3… anyone with a SP3 should seriously consider the same.