Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Lima - Your Personal Cloud

Dave

Hey All,

I have a new review device but it's taking me longer than anticipated to get it done.  That doesn't mean I don't like the device so I wanted to show it to you.  This is Lima.

https://meetlima.com/index.php?lang=en

It's a small one time fee device to create your own cloud in your house.  Plug in a USB drive and you have a cloud for your computers and phones.  It has worked well for me.  I was able to transfer music to it and stream that music from remote via my Android phone.  You can even have one Lima back itself up to another Lima.  That is slick.  Check out the link and get on the mailing list.  

I know a lot of HSS readers are enthusiasts so this product might not be a good fit but I bet you know someone it would be good for. Simplicity, backup, and more.

Jason

Have seen this advertised on Facebook for a while. Do you install a client app on iOS, Android and PC to access cloud? Or app done via web?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave

Lima has apps for Mac, PC, Android, iOS, and Linux. Native apps.  Setup via app too. 

PaulInvizBox

Another new kickstarter campaign. Interesting device. Will see where it goes:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/invizbox-go-privacy-security-stream-extend-block-wifi-security#/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A friend of mine gave me a poke and said there was a post about our product here which I was delighted to hear :) We're actually past crowd funding phase and now shipping. I'm happy to answer any questions you may have.

edit: I see the OP is about cloud storage - Just to be up front we're more security focused. It's a VPN router. No app installation required.

Edited by PaulInvizBox
  • Like 1

JackoUK

Looks interesting.

I suggested via the Windows Insider programme  that there shold be a Onedrive option -NoCloudData.

This would store and synchronise user files as now ... but keep only the metadata at MSFT central.

Not expecting to ever see it, since it would destroy what remains of MSFT's chance of making any money in consumer storage after their OneDrive/Office 2016 renege.

I also suggested to bittorrentsync that should they make their facility interoperate with user accounts ... then they would have the same thing.

This looks like a small hardware device to do a similar network sync job ...

... however the limit of a single hard drive is too restrictive for all but light use.

I wonder though: does Lima know about user accounts?

And are all the files 'access on demand' ... rather than 'download and store a specified subset' on a per device basis.

OneDrive is almost what I want, if only it did not insist on having its own a copy of all the user's files.

Edited by JackoUK