RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
itGeeks

Server Rack Wallmount Advice.

itGeeks

I am seeking advice on some wallmount server rack options for either a 12U or 15U. I found a company called NavePoint that seems to have some nice options and a fairly good price listed below, Anyone every used them?

12U with duel fans http://www.navepoint.com/navepoint-12u-wall-mount-network-server-19-inch-it-cabinet-rack-enclosure-glass-door-lock.html?gclid=Cj0KEQiAifvEBRCVx5up6Ojgr5oBEiQALHw1Tvbx-qYuxGbadCc6Uo5wboR9TazZDElw0lPg2bUDMX0aAnn48P8HAQ

15U with duel fans http://www.navepoint.com/navepoint-15u-wallmount-networking-cabinet-600mm-depth-with-fans.html

Thanks in advance...

taylorwmj

Unless you're really set on new, I'd check out eBay or Craigslist for a used rack. I ended up getting a middle Atlantic rack with fans, 2 doors, locks and posts for $75 on Craigslist. MSRP was over 1200 for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

nrf

your mileage may vary, no bargains in my area craigslist :( 

shipping can be a bear on amazon

but then again I don't exactly live in the land of tech, more the land of trump

jmwills

I concur with the Craigslist idea, especially if you live in a high tech area.

jmwills

I concur with the Craigslist idea, especially if you live in a high tech area.  Also if you live near a government, DoD, or similar type workplace there are usually companies that remove and resell items such as racks and the like.

JROrtiz

I've been using a Trip Lite rack that I got from Amazon for over a year and very happy with it. Very sturdy but still compact and the mounting is extremely easy. I have a 12U and a 9U. I did have to send the 12U back twice because of damage during shipping (they're not packed very well), but Amazon tool care of everything. I'm actually thinking of selling the 12U since I can get everything into the 9U, but I'm guessing it would be quite expensive to ship. In any case, I recommend the Trip Lite.

itGeeks

I just wanted to say thank you to all of you for taking the time to reply. We have decided to purchase the NavePoint 18U wall mount rack from Amazon for three reasons, 1st its less then half the cost of name brands like Trip Lite and because the reviews on Amazon for this product are very positive with the only complaint being customers wish the brackets that secure the cabinet to the wall where stronger, Other then that they say the cabinet build quality is outstanding. I do have of steal angle iron if I feel its needed when it gets here next week. I will post back once I get it and let you all know what I think of it. The 3rd reason we decided to purchase this is because we did not want to buy used. Looking on sites like eBay was a great suggestion but not something I wanted to deal with for this purchase.

For comparison the Trip Lite 18U without a glass door and without fans like the NavePoint I just ordered is 741.00 compared to the NavePoint 298.00, The NavePoint has glass front door and two cooling fans Links below-

Trip Lite https://www.amazon.com/TRIPP-Enclosure-Cabinet-Components-SRW18UHD/dp/B00NOTXRGI

NavePoint https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00P4SVZ4S/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2JGVG2WGW14PY&coliid=I2YQ1BDT19Y4LD

Make sure you read the reviews on the NavePoint, They are very positive and its a US based company located in IL.

I am going to sum this up, The Trip Lite has a 500 lb capacity vs the NavePoint 130 lb capacity but is the extra cost of over double worth it? Just add some angle iron to it (like others have done) to support the wait and your good to go. In fact I would challenge anybody that could load this size rack with 500 lb of wait, My heaviest single component is my UPS @55 lb, Its a Cyber Power https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0016P7HJA/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Jason

Very cool. Good looking wall mount rack. I'd love to go that route but don't have any rack mountable hardware!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JROrtiz

Wow, that is quite a price differential. The Trip Lite I got was under $200 but it was also smaller. For the price, I think you definitely made the right choice. You should share some pictures when you have it mounted and filled!