RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Eero Update v2.2.0-2478

Dave

https://support.eero.com/hc/en-us/articles/209636523

eeroOS v2.2.0-2478 - Released February 7, 2017

• Improvements to TrueMesh™ to immediately notify all eeros of a roaming device
  • More accurate connected client reporting
  • Various bug fixes and reliability improvements

Oddly, my eeros haven't update yet and I keep forgetting to do so.  I still have issues from time to time with them.  Tonight was a laptop that was connecting to the bedroom eero and couldn't get internet. I just yanked its power cord to end its misery!

Maybe this update will help me out some.

• Like 1

https://support.eero.com/hc/en-us/articles/209636523

eeroOS v2.2.0-2478 - Released February 7, 2017

• Improvements to TrueMesh™ to immediately notify all eeros of a roaming device
  • More accurate connected client reporting
  • Various bug fixes and reliability improvements

Oddly, my eeros haven't update yet and I keep forgetting to do so.  I still have issues from time to time with them.  Tonight was a laptop that was connecting to the bedroom eero and couldn't get internet. I just yanked its power cord to end its misery!

Maybe this update will help me out some.

Let us know how you make out. Still deciding on eero or waiting to see the Asus HiveSpot

• 1 month later...

So in bridge mode does the mesh still work? The whole idea of if internet goes down the lan goes down is the one thing holding me back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, in bridge mode the mesh still worked. Zero issues there. My issue was when the cable network had an outage the eeros lost their freaking minds.  My cable network loses TCP/IP or something somewhere happens where my network goes down.  SmartThings usually pings me and says they can't see the hub.  That's how I know.  Some of the times, not all, the eeros would go red and take a long time to come back online.  So the network is down to the outside world and since eero is freaking out I can't log in to the router. Lovely.

This was several months ago so there could be improvements.  I have six eeros sitting in a chair upstairs.  With the recent price drop about the best I could do is break even if I sold them but honestly that is not a bad thing.  I am still running the Synology RT2600AC and its wifi from a single location on my main floor.  It's covering pretty much what I need it to which is crazy.  They only issue with it is Apple.  I have an iPhone 6Plus that has issues switching. I need to figure out how to tell it to not roam on 5.8 and stay 2.4.

Yes, in bridge mode the mesh still worked. Zero issues there. My issue was when the cable network had an outage the eeros lost their freaking minds. My cable network loses TCP/IP or something somewhere happens where my network goes down. SmartThings usually pings me and says they can't see the hub. That's how I know. Some of the times, not all, the eeros would go red and take a long time to come back online. So the network is down to the outside world and since eero is freaking out I can't log in to the router. Lovely.

This was several months ago so there could be improvements. I have six eeros sitting in a chair upstairs. With the recent price drop about the best I could do is break even if I sold them but honestly that is not a bad thing. I am still running the Synology RT2600AC and its wifi from a single location on my main floor. It's covering pretty much what I need it to which is crazy. They only issue with it is Apple. I have an iPhone 6Plus that has issues switching. I need to figure out how to tell it to not roam on 5.8 and stay 2.4.

So with Eros if you loose internet does your intranet still function??

Let us know how you make out. Still deciding on eero or waiting to see the Asus HiveSpot

Hive spot is the same hardware was the (epic) failed linksys right?