RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Gen8 does not start

stonez

I cannot start the server. It has a windows 2012 server on it, and when I start it it just stays stuck at the bootscreen.

Please check the picture attached.

Any thoughts ?

imgboot.jpg

I have not looked in iLo, but the machine is set up with windows server 2012, I have copied and used the server with remote desktop connection today all day.

Now it seems that it does not start.

I have a ssd installed samsung 120 gb, in raid 0 which is the first volume, in place of the optical drive, and another volume in raid1 (2x2tb wd reds) 

Here are the iLo screenshots.... after 20 restarts I managed to enter the hp diagnostics menu... it seems something is terribly wrong here...

IMG_9398.jpg

IMG_9399.jpg

IMG_9400.jpg

IMG_9401.jpg

IMG_9402.jpg

Edited by stonez

What does say the status bar in Remote Console when it get stuck about POST code? 

That might help to identify closer. I don't see anything really unusual in iLO event log.. that red big message seems to be just regular log in weird format.

See POST code in my screenshot:

aVýstřižek.PNG

I thought I will use this topic because I'm about to buy a used gen8 microserver but all I know from the seller that the power light blinks green and there is no RAM or disc inside. He is just a reseller and he won't do anything else with it to know more. It is like scrap cheap so I think I'll risk it but maybe someone here strongly advise not to? Sorry if my English is not great, it's not my native language.

I thought I will use this topic because I'm about to buy a used gen8 microserver but all I know from the seller that the power light blinks green and there is no RAM or disc inside. He is just a reseller and he won't do anything else with it to know more. It is like scrap cheap so I think I'll risk it but maybe someone here strongly advise not to? Sorry if my English is not great, it's not my native language.

With out memory in it there is no way to test it further. You should have them confirm that the CPU is still in it and that the drive carriers for the swappable bays are included.

You should have them confirm that the CPU is still in it and that the drive carriers for the swappable bays are included.

Thank You for such a fast answer. I'll check on that with the seller. I would like to confirm whether it is normal to act like the wat I mentioned without the memory or hdd or should it post or something even without memory installed?

Thank You for such a fast answer. I'll check on that with the seller. I would like to confirm whether it is normal to act like the wat I mentioned without the memory or hdd or should it post or something even without memory installed?

Page 68 shows the status of the power button LED and the System health LED:

http://content.etilize.com/User-Manual/1031708821.pdf