RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Help removing computer from "archived computer backups" list

akcomputerguy

I have a newly installed WSE 2012 R2 which I had configured for a client.  Group policies and folder redirection are enabled, default backup policies, server backup, etc.  Before delivering it to the customer I wanted to join a couple of computers to the domain to test that everything was working the way I thought it should.  I joined them, tested a few things, let them run a full backup, and then when I was happy that things were all in order I removed the computers from the list of devices by right clicking on them and selecting "Remove the computer."  When it asked me if I wanted to retain the backups in the archive or not, I selected NOT to archive them.  Now after restarting the computer I discovered that the computers names are still listed on the devices page of the Essentials Dashboard under "Archived computer backups" and I cannot get them to go away.  Is there a way to force remove them from this list?  I don't want to deliver the brand new server looking cluttered with the names of these 2 phantom archived test machines.

Any ideas?  Please, somebody help me kill Kenny...

Archive.png

Edited by akcomputerguy
Drashna Jaelre

IIRC, you should be able to delete these computers anyways. 

Baring that, resetting the database manually (deleting the existing Client backup database folder) should "fix" this issue.