RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Picasa WHS

CablDeViL

I know this topic was touched a few months ago but.............. I now have 3k pics of my family that I would like to put in the cloud. I have a paid account with Picasa for more space. What is the best way to get my photos in full def to picasa ? Do I install on the server (can it see recursive directories) or do I install on a client pc and point it to the photo share on the WHS1

TY

CD

I have all photos on the client PC and upload from there in full quality. I click each folder individually

to sync, is that the only way? I love and use Picasa (200GB account), but do wish it had more bulk capabilities (upload all, delete all, etc.). There may be a better way, I just don't know what it is?

Have you looked at Gladinet? There is a free version that I would test on a PC first. Full def, not real sure. I recall some problems with folders though. I think for that reason is why I stopped using it. It's been a while.

@CablDeViL

I love picasa, but I also hate it for not giving us a "network" feature. The best way to manage all those photos is to do it from one PC and have all the files on the server. But, you still have to manually sync everything to the web by clicking the box. And if you have all of your photos in folders and subfolders like I do, then you are SOL because Picasa web albums cannot create subfolders. I had to rename all of my folders so tehy were distinguishable in the cloud.

There are a few workarounds to pseudo sync your picasa settings to multiple PC's around your house. Meaning your wife could edit a photo and you would see the editing on your PC.

Here is a nice article

http://www.zoliblog.com/2010/02/01/how-to-guide-picasa-multiple-computers-multiuser-network-nas-shared/