RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

JOBD enclosure

Poppapete

So I have bought the used TR4X12G on Ebay in Australia (Postage Free) for $330 AUD ($252 USD).  Now have to find the adaptors.

Hope it all works as I am running out of space on my server.  All the movies are getting bigger and with 4K I don't know how I will cope, maybe just stream everything and forget about copies at home.

• 2 weeks later...

That was a really nice find. I did not know they made that, Bookmarked and noted.

i have just purchased it today, delivery should be tomorrow, i have never done a review but if someone tells me what to look for, i can do one. i will of course be taking plenty of pictures and can advise on quality and easy of use etc.

i have just purchased it today, delivery should be tomorrow, i have never done a review but if someone tells me what to look for, i can do one. i will of course be taking plenty of pictures and can advise on quality and easy of use etc.

A review can be as in depth as you want to make it:

Un-boxing- was it packed well? did it come with all of the parts?

Fit and finish- well built? how do the drives mount? do they slide in and out easily?

Cabling- did it come with a cable? does the cable fit well? length of cable?

Power up- switch location? how quickly do the drives power on?

Noise- fan noise? drive noise?

System- what controller are you using in the server? did it find the drives? successful array creation?

OS- all good with the OS finding the new storage?

Value- is it worth the money? are you happy with it?

We appreciate anything you would like to contribute!

• Like 1

No pressure lol, it arrived and i left it at work by accident. DOH! Tomorrow I'm on it.

So I have bought the used TR4X12G on Ebay in Australia (Postage Free) for $330 AUD ($252 USD).  Now have to find the adaptors.

Hope it all works as I am running out of space on my server.  All the movies are getting bigger and with 4K I don't know how I will cope, maybe just stream everything and forget about copies at home.

It finally arrived and looks as new. Took all of 10 minutes to attach to server and the one HDD I hot swapped appeared immediately and I then added it to the drivepool. I will just let drivepool do the balancing which will take a few days.