RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

JOBD enclosure

Poppapete

I am running out of disk space in my server and need an external enclosure.

I have an LSI card installed (9207-8i ) which has only one HDD attached internally at present. I would like to use this card (which is designed for internal HDD's) to connect to a JBOD enclosure to add more drives.

Need an enclosure with Fan(s).

Any suggestions?

Sorry for misspelling in topic.

when i read your question it took me back to one of my first home servers that i built with dual opteron's. put it in a massive coolermaster tower on wheels.

it came with slide in 4 in 3 drive caddy's. not sure if its going to be as tidy as you'd like it but in the absence of any other suggestions. have a look at these. it does meet the brief, just not tidy without some sort of work.

Option 1

Option 2

eddie563:

By far the cheapest option but I need the SAS connection as I have run out of SATA ports on the MB and power too for the fan.

HSS-Dave:

Schoondoggy option 2 has the Ice Dock option with instructions for SAS connection.

Schoondoggy:

As usual you have the answer.  Your option 1 is the easiest and best but most expensive.  So I google for "TR4X6G & Australia".  Low and behold my first hit leads me back here to HSS forums. Indeed a strange world.

A little Humourous Story about Banks - ML10 and ML10v2 - HomeServerShow Forums

I will try and contact gibster who even though living in my home state is over 1000 miles from me and see how he faired.

Thanks to all.

• Like 1

Yes seems to have same specs and cheaper and available.  Only difference is you have to buy the connector.

• 1 month later...

I have the opportunity to buy a refurbished Sans Digital TR4X12G and was wondering if it will will work the same as the TR4X6G if I am using SATA drives.  I do realize that the connector is different but adaptors are available.

eddie563:

By far the cheapest option but I need the SAS connection as I have run out of SATA ports on the MB and power too for the fan.

HSS-Dave:

Schoondoggy option 2 has the Ice Dock option with instructions for SAS connection.

Schoondoggy:

As usual you have the answer.  Your option 1 is the easiest and best but most expensive.  So I google for "TR4X6G & Australia".  Low and behold my first hit leads me back here to HSS forums. Indeed a strange world.

A little Humourous Story about Banks - ML10 and ML10v2 - HomeServerShow Forums

I will try and contact gibster who even though living in my home state is over 1000 miles from me and see how he faired.

Thanks to all.

Hi Poppapete.

I did purchase the Sans Digital TowerRAID TR4X6G SAS/SATA 4 bay drive enclosure. I ended up having to purchase it from Sans Digital in the Los Angeles area and pay international shipping. There was no reasonably priced option here in Australia that would serve the same purpose.  I'm using mine plugged into an HP P222 SAS/SATA adaptor with 1 8TB drive currently plugged into it.

I don't see why this wouldn't serve your purpose with the correct raid adaptor with a mini-SAS HD SFF-8644 connector.

One of the things I miss about the states is next day shipping that's free half the time on almost anything you want.

Hell, we're still waiting for Amazon Echo to be released here and probably will have to wait forever :)

Cheers

gib

Nice find!

Agreed !