fossilnews

And Now a Linksys Tri-Band Mesh System

Dave

How many more do you think will be announced?

The LinkSys Velop is a $200 single or a 3 pack for $$499 mesh/router/wifi system.  Most of you guys will be happy to know that it is a Tri-Band system with a dedicated 5.8Ghz backhaul radio.  It also allows connection via wireless or Ethernet.  It's also leading the pack with MU-MIMO.  It has also been reported that it has a Zigbee radio within it that is not turned on yet.  Look out Securifi and Almond!

I'm going to try to get a look at it if it's around CES this week.  

JROrtiz

Getting tried of testing these things but might have to jump on this one through its paces. I have until the end of the month to return Orbi so that would give me two weeks of testing assuming they are easily available on the 15th.

• Like 1

Jason

Agree with Jose. My 2nd Orbi is going back this week. Will pre-order a Linksys. Am considering the $499 3-unit kit even if overkill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave

I take a look at the Linksys in my Day 1 Video here at CES.

• Like 2

Jason

Awesome video. Excited about Velop. Does Linksys recommend the 3 pack for 6,000 sq ft and above?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JROrtiz

I preordered but I might make a quick drive to Vegas on Saturday and see if I can scoop one up early at a best buy there.

JROrtiz

Read somewhere that Best Buy's in Vegas would have some in stock during CES. Not sure how accurate it is but was going to check it out if I went on Saturday.