RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Newbie seeking help

BigFranky92

Hi everybody! I just purchased my hp microserver gen8. I followed all of the guide here for installing the ssd on the odd port. Now I've created a bootable USB drive with windows server 2012 on it using RUFUS and, after it was done, I copied the driver I downloaded from the hp site (I leaved them in .exe, do I have to unpack them?).

I set up the boot option to boot from the USB drive, but it won't boot. I have the message "Trying to boot from USB drive (C:)" and then it tries to boot from the NIC.

Can you help me?

Thank you all very much.

Sorry for my English, I'm Italian.

So you are trying to install Windows from the usb drive? You will need to extract the drivers from the exe, you can open the exe with 7zip iirc.

The non booting memory stick is probably because rufus has written to it in UEFI mode. After you select the 2012 iso in rufus, you need to set the parition scheme/type to mbr/bios. The gen8 does not support UEFI boot.

Ok, I changed the partition scheme and now it has booted, but now I got an error that says The boot configuration data for your pc is missing or contains errors. What can I do?